• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorthe Skappel

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Actress Alyson Michalka

actor-alyson-michalka-636920_large.jpg?1672244117.jpg

adb08e32632d6a85dc291ea2fe53901635aab450.jpg

aly-michalka-for-maxim-magazine-december-2010-7.jpg

Comment

• and part 2

Alyson Michalka

alyson_michalka_19.jpg

Aly-Michalka-Grown-Ups-2.jpg

Comment

• actress Alycia Debnam Carey part 1.

image.png

image.png

image.png​​​

Comment

• actress Alycia Debnam Carey part 2

image.png

​​image.png

image.png​​​
            ​​​

Comment

• Chloe Grace Moretz

chloe grace moretz1a.jpg

Chloe Grace Moretz2a.jpg

Chloe-Grace-Moretz4a.jpg

Comment

• Alejandra Andreu

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• It's vintage Monday, so this in no way precludes me from making a regular post. But Alejandra was on my list as well, so I'll just join sub's post above. Good choice!

Comment

• Vintage Monday returns, with Virginia Grey

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                      Vintage Monday returns, with Virginia Grey

I'm impressed!! How did you know about her. I had no idea who she was. Looked on IMDb and it basically showed that she was in a whole lot of movies and TV shows, but seldom, if ever the leading lady. In fact, saw she was in a The Virginian episode, looked at that episode and she was not even listing among 15 or so credits. Must have been one of the gals who worked in the saloon. It seems her career was like that. No doubt she's a very beautiful woman but must not have been much of an actress.
                      Last edited by ShockTalk; March 25, 2024, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm impressed!! How did you know about her. I had no idea who she was. Looked on IMDb and it basically showed that she was in a whole lot of movies and TV shows, but seldom, if ever the leading lady. In fact, saw she was in a The Virginian episode, looked at that episode and she was not even listing among 15 or so credits. Must have been one of the gals who worked in the saloon. It seems her career was like that. No doubt she's a very beautiful woman but must not have been much of an actress.
                        How did I know??

Actually I don't drink, but I used to have a pin up collection (magazines, postcards, cards, comics) which I had sold years ago.

Sad part is some of the things I sold I could have sold for 10X what I sold them for. I can think of one specific collection that I think I sold for just under $1000 a number of years ago, that 2 years ago I could have parted with as individual pieces (not as a whole lot as I did back then) for between $40-60k. Would have taken a considerable amount of time and work.

Funny story, a businessman and not-for-profit (elderly) gentleman we worked with years ago knew of my toy collection and was taking it to one of those toy appraisal events you see advertised, or that you used to see advertised. It was a number of boxes of pre-WWII era toys and quite a few 1950s era toys and dolls, etc...He asked if I would look at some of his collection just before he took it down for someone to "look at it" or whatever those (crooks) people do. There were quite a few boxes, and somebody that just happened to be (I don't know, driving or walking by) saw some of the things he was bringing into our office and actually followed him and all the stuff into the offices. At first, I thought he was a friend of our customer, but no, he was just interested in purchasing some of the toys.

Most were from his childhood and were in AMAZING condition. I remember one large scale metal toy bomber/airplane with cellophane type propellers and he was just casually handling them like they were oranges in the produce section. And I told him, what you have here is priceless. Second, we don't handle them like that. So very long story short, I told him NOT to sell to whoever was "appraising" them, that I would be happy to do it. The "appraiser" offered him $250 on the spot without even going thru the box, and quickly upped it to $800 (if I recall). And he said, no. So I got to catalog them, photograph them and eventually list them online for sale. He made thousands (I gave him an envelope FULL of $100 bills. That's all I'll say. He offered me money, but I just couldn't take it. It was like a historical thing that I got to see and witness. Wish I had kept some of the photos. They had an original Shirley Temple doll in near perfect condition with box and all the goodies that really sold quite well.

And he later brought me boxes and boxes of lego pieces (thousands and thousand of pieces just strewn about a number of shipping cartons, and then there were more boxes filled with all the original boxes and instruction sheets/manuals most of these were from his son's childhood in the 1960s. It took my son MONTHS, maybe 4 or 5 months total to get all the lego items correctly built, but we sold those for him as well. I let him give my son some money for his "work", but to my son it was all just play.

Comment

• Keri Adams

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Sarah McDaniel

sarah-mcdaniel1a.jpg

sarah-mcdaniel3a.jpg

sarah-mcdaniel5a.jpg

Comment

• Mekia Cox

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• actress Alana de Garza

Comment

Working...
                                X