The Ultimate EMP Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate EMP Weapon

Not sure of how many of you are familiar with the September 1, 1859 solar flare that struck the earth called the Carrington Event. Fortunately, in those days we did not have electricity or eletronics although it did fry quite a few telegraph lines. I had heard about this a number of year back. A lot of scientists were predicting that we would have enough such event in about 150 years but the impact would be far greater due to our modern way of life being dependent on electricity and electronics.

I have put this in the political thread because it is something our political leaders totally ignore. Perhaps because they don't think it will happen their lifetimes and perhaps they don't think anything can be done to harden our electrical and electronic infrastructure and/or to provide redundancy and backups to be able to get back online in a reasonable time frame.

In any case, I just saw an article today that is reporting we dodged a bullet that could have put humanity back to the Dark Ages on March 12th. I had not seen or heard this reported previously. Apparently, there was a powerful solar eruption on the 12th that was at least 10 times bigger than the one that caused the 1859 solar flare (the Carrington Event) that hit the earth. Fortunately, this recent explosion occurred on the far side of the sun from the earth and so was barely noticed. Hopefully, this author is right and we won’t have much to worry about for another century or so, although that is impossible to predict. Could happen anytime.

Thought you all might find this interesting:

Dodging the Apocalypse: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...pocalypse.html

Here is a synopsis:
    If it had been facing in our direction, if the earth had borne the full brunt of that blast, we can scarcely imagine the results. It’s likely that all operating electrical systems would have been immediately destroyed, the same as the telegraph systems in 1859. Any active electronic instruments – and possibly even those that happened to be shut down – would have been fried, transformed into useless hunks of plastic, metal, and silicon. The electrical and electronic networks (e.g., the Net) that form the framework of Third Millennial civilization would have been annihilated. Once they were destroyed, all power would vanish. Industry would grind to a halt. Massive amounts of data, including almost all financial data, would simply disappear. All methods of communication beyond voice range would no longer exist. It wouldn’t be a matter of waiting to be rescued by a government of any sort. Government would have shrunk to little more than a notion. The very tools on which relief, and even recovery, depend would simply have vanished. The consequences beggar the imagination. A new Dark Age would have been the best option to expect.
    I really like our wonderful sun, but it is like having a volatile nuclear reactor as a neighbor and it is the ultimate EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) weapon.

No big deal. Once the moon station is fully operational, it's AI will immediately detect the solar flare and then direct anti-EMP heavy-metal music sound encoded radar laser beams at the Sun to cancel the EMP wave out and then blanket the Earth with Covid immunization spray to save us from catastrophe.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      No big deal. Once the moon station is fully operational, it's AI will immediately detect the solar flare and then direct anti-EMP heavy-metal music sound encoded radar laser beams at the Sun to cancel the EMP wave out and then blanket the Earth with Covid immunization spray to save us from catastrophe.
      I have to admit I have not considered that elegant solution.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 23, 2023, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Not sure of how many of you are familiar with the September 1, 1859 solar flare that struck the earth called the Carrington Event. Fortunately, in those days we did not have electricity or eletronics although it did fry quite a few telegraph lines. I had heard about this a number of year back. A lot of scientists were predicting that we would have enough such event in about 150 years but the impact would be far greater due to our modern way of life being dependent on electricity and electronics.

I have put this in the political thread because it is something our political leaders totally ignore. Perhaps because they don't think it will happen their lifetimes and perhaps they don't think anything can be done to harden our electrical and electronic infrastructure and/or to provide redundancy and backups to be able to get back online in a reasonable time frame.

In any case, I just saw an article today that is reporting we dodged a bullet that could have put humanity back to the Dark Ages on March 12th. I had not seen or heard this reported previously. Apparently, there was a powerful solar eruption on the 12th that was at least 10 times bigger than the one that caused the 1859 solar flare (the Carrington Event) that hit the earth. Fortunately, this recent explosion occurred on the far side of the sun from the earth and so was barely noticed. Hopefully, this author is right and we won’t have much to worry about for another century or so, although that is impossible to predict. Could happen anytime.

Thought you all might find this interesting:

Dodging the Apocalypse: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...pocalypse.html

Here is a synopsis:

I really like our wonderful sun, but it is like having a volatile nuclear reactor as a neighbor and it is the ultimate EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) weapon.
        A week or so ago, there was a significant release of energy by the sun (would have been a significant event), but you didn't hear about it because it was just directed away from Earth.

Last night we had a suprise solar storm where the Aurora borealis could be seen by the naked eye. It was seen across half of the US where weather permitted. I Have seen pictures from Colorado, Missouri and Nebraska. Too many clouds in Wichita area.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Last night we had a suprise solar storm where the Aurora borealis could be seen by the naked eye. It was seen across half of the US where weather permitted. I Have seen pictures from Colorado, Missouri and Nebraska. Too many clouds in Wichita area.
          Whoa!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Whoa!
            pretty amazing pictures coming in from the Topeka area I think

Comment

Share if you can!

Comment

Let me get this straight. 7 states are set to ban sales of gas powered cars by 2035 (12 years!).

But its well known that a solar flare event will cause electrical systems to spark and create fires. Electrical cars are notoriously difficult to extinguish. And due to tight plate densities they will arc easily in a solar flare event.

This is a fire catastrophe that will make the California fires look like childs play. And there will be no mobile phones, no power, no hydro station pumps piping water to your home, no internet communication, no satelite communication, ...

Electrical cars and hybrids parked in garages are going to be a very, very real concern when there is no fire department to show up at your house.

This is depressing.

Comment

Well if the a massive solar flare like the one on the far side of the sun does hit the earth and all the EV's catch on fire that would be truly a global warming event. Let's hope if that does occur is winter time in northern hemisphere.

Comment

Working...
                  X