Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

That red dot is East Palestine, OH.
      It's worth googling if you don't know why this is significant.

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Comment

Ryan Fournier @RyanAFournier
        If a toxic chemical train had derailed in Ukraine there would have already been a visit from Joe and $100+ billion allocated.

Comment

Well, when the EPA and other government bureaucrats, in addition to large corporations dismiss and incompetently address the needs of citizens, who have obviously been damaged by an event, in an overly minority populace in the future, we can dismiss that they were doing so because of systemic racism. And instead, point to this event and conclude that they just all suck in general. And are run by incompetent fools and your best bet is to care for yourself and those close to you.

Our federal government does not care about anyone. Regardless of race. And corporations will act in the way to reduce $$$$ exposure on the advice of lawyers and insurance companies.

There are two races in the country, the government and corporate elite race, and everyone else.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Ryan Fournier @RyanAFournier
            If a toxic chemical train had derailed in Ukraine there would have already been a visit from Joe and $100+ billion allocated.
            But the Big Guy would get a kickback on that.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Comment

Comment

And the NS didn't let the EPA know about 3 other chemicals on the train that leaked. Things will never be right in Palestine, OH ever again.

This all stems from cutting car inspectors and track maintenance employees. The corporate greed is unreal with the big railroads in this country.

And the NS also had another big derailment in Michigan on Thursday. It is going to get really bad for them.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                    And the NS didn't let the EPA know about 3 other chemicals on the train that leaked. Things will never be right in Palestine, OH ever again.

This all stems from cutting car inspectors and track maintenance employees. The corporate greed is unreal with the big railroads in this country.

And the NS also had another big derailment in Michigan on Thursday. It is going to get really bad for them.
                    Did they cut car inspectors and track maintenance employees because of corporate greed, or was it because the railroad union bargained for more money and they could no longer afford them? Or, was it because of regulations that have slowed down supply chains and made it less proficient for rail transit? Or maybe because they are looking at the looming recession and need save money?

I don’t know why they had a derailment, but some definitive takes are pretty predictable.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Did they cut car inspectors and track maintenance employees because of corporate greed, or was it because the railroad union bargained for more money and they could no longer afford them? Or, was it because of regulations that have slowed down supply chains and made it less proficient for rail transit? Or maybe because they are looking at the looming recession and need save money?

I don’t know why they had a derailment, but some definitive takes are pretty predictable.
                      Well the cuts came well before the new contract. The railroads are the ones that slowed down the supply chain. They made trains alot bigger, cut crews so they don't have them when or where they are needed in some instances,. And bigger trains means it takes longer to get from point a to point b.

And it is all about cutting costs to do stock buy backs and give higher dividends with customers, employees, infrastructure and the general public be damned.

And don't kid yourself for one second that the railroads can't afford to pay their employees. I believe union pacific had a net profit around $8 BILLION last year.

Comment

Well the cuts came well before the new contract. The railroads are the ones that slowed down the supply chain. They made trains alot bigger, cut crews so they don't have them when or where they are needed in some instances,. And bigger trains means it takes longer to get from point a to point b.

And it is all about cutting costs to do stock buy backs and give higher dividends with customers, employees, infrastructure and the general public be damned.

And don't kid yourself for one second that the railroads can't afford to pay their employees. I believe union pacific had a net profit around $8 BILLION last year.
                        The railroads did not slow down the supply chain. Governments around the world made people stay home.

Stock buy backs are usually done because the profitability of spending that money is drastically reduced. All that other stuff you mention is Kyle Kalinski mouth vomit.

I never said railroads couldn’t pay their employees. I said they couldn’t afford them, but as you mentioned, that had nothing to do with it.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

The railroads did not slow down the supply chain. Governments around the world made people stay home.

Stock buy backs are usually done because the profitability of spending that money is drastically reduced. All that other stuff you mention is Kyle Kalinski mouth vomit.

I never said railroads couldn’t pay their employees. I said they couldn’t afford them, but as you mentioned, that had nothing to do with it.
                          You have no clue what you are talking about. Do you work in the rail industry? I have for over 20 years. I saw first hand everything I mentioned. If you fail to put money back in to track maintenance and rolling stock maintenance, you will get a disaster just like this. This includes paying employees instead of furloughs. I have seen trains rerouted over 500 miles further because they don't have the proper crew base to get it there on its regular route.

They are only worried about the top executive bonuses and taking care of share holders. They have ****ed over customers really badly for the past 3 years. Just look up all.the problems getting grain and feed to California. That is by choices the top railroad execs have made.

Comment

The Mayor of East Palestine DID decide to take questions at the “open house” last night. Resident: Where’s Pete Buttigieg? Where’s he at? Mayor: I don’t know. Your guess is as good as me. Yesterday was the first time I heard anything from the White House.

Comment

You have no clue what you are talking about. Do you work in the rail industry? I have for over 20 years. I saw first hand everything I mentioned. If you fail to put money back in to track maintenance and rolling stock maintenance, you will get a disaster just like this. This includes paying employees instead of furloughs. I have seen trains rerouted over 500 miles further because they don't have the proper crew base to get it there on its regular route.

They are only worried about the top executive bonuses and taking care of share holders. They have ****ed over customers really badly for the past 3 years. Just look up all.the problems getting grain and feed to California. That is by choices the top railroad execs have made.
                              Like I said, I don’t know why it derailed. What I do know is that certain people will declare that the cause is “corporate greed” no matter the problem. It doesn’t take 20 years experience to know when someone has an agenda…and since I don’t know what I’m talking about, which one of my statements you quoted was untrue?
                              Last edited by wufan; February 18, 2023, 05:41 PM.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X