UN - US should return stolen land to Indian Tribes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN - US should return stolen land to Indian Tribes

A United Nations investigator probing discrimination against Native Americans has called on the US government to return some of the land stolen from Indian tribes as a step toward combatting continuing and systemic racial discrimination.

Anaya said he had received "exemplary cooperation" from the Obama administration but he declined to speculate on why no members of Congress would meet him.
    "I typically meet with members of the national legislature on my country visits and I don't know the reason," he said.
    UN's correspondent on indigenous peoples urges government to act to combat 'racial discrimination' felt by Native Americans

I haven't mentioned lately how big of a joke and waste of space the UN is...
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sub, please feel free to mention it anytime you get the urge.

Comment

The UN is a big waste of space and an even bigger joke. Maybe they should return the land that they use in New York to the people of the United State. Or at least pay their damn traffic tickets and stop taking diplomatic immunity for granted and do whatever the hell they please.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Personally, I think the UN ought to be moved to Haiti.

Reason 1 - It gets it out of Dodge.

Reason 2 - We get rid of a ton of spies.

Reason 3 - We would no longer have to put up with the diplomatic immunity crap and would same thousands of acres of trees by not having to write tickets.

Reason 4 - The island has had a history of destructive earthquakes and hurricanes. Initially building and constantly rebuilding the new UN building there would bring a lifetime of jobs and would do wonders for their economy which is one of the worst in the world.

Reason 5 - Because of the frequent natural disasters, the UN would be inoperative for extenive periods of time which would be a blessing to the Western world.

Reason 6 - It gets it out of Dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            Personally, I think the UN ought to be moved to Haiti.

Reason 1 - It gets it out of Dodge.

Reason 2 - We get rid of a ton of spies.

Reason 3 - We would no longer have to put up with the diplomatic immunity crap and would same thousands of acres of trees by not having to write tickets.

Reason 4 - The island has had a history of destructive earthquakes and hurricanes. Initially building and constantly rebuilding the new UN building there would bring a lifetime of jobs and would do wonders for their economy which is one of the worst in the world.

Reason 5 - Because of the frequent natural disasters, the UN would be inoperative for extenive periods of time which would be a blessing to the Western world.

Reason 6 - It gets it out of Dodge.
            Most of what you said is correct. However, regarding reason 3, we would still have diplomatic immunity for embassies in the United States. I doubt that most countries would close their Washington DC embassies.

Comment

Very true, I was centering in on NYC and completely overlooked the embassies in the capitol and the various foreign consulates scattered throughout the country as well which have Consulate Immunitiy similar to Diplomatic Immunity.

Comment

The absurdity of that statement doesn't even warrant a thought out response on a college athletics forum that covers a university in the middle of the US, I could only imagine how anyone of power would feel responding to this.

"Uhhh so if we have to give land back to native americans, do we have to give back part of the east coast to England? Southern US to France and Spain? Why not just give back part of Texas to Mexico? Australia needs to just give a lot of that land back to the Aboriginals." - Any US politician
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  Why not just give back part of Texas to Mexico?
                  They have already taken it back, we just have not realized it yet.
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                    They have already taken it back, we just have not realized it yet.
                    And also Arizona, new Mexico, So-Cal, and western KS.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                      And also Arizona, new Mexico, So-Cal, and western KS.
                      Very true.
                      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Maybe we could hand over Canada as reparations?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I suppose we oughta sue Russia for taking the Ukraine from the Mennonites.

Comment

Working...
                          X