"Woke" Martin Luther King Statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Woke" Martin Luther King Statue

'Woke' MLK 'penis' statue insults black community: Coretta Scott King kin (nypost.com)

“The mainstream media … was reporting on it like it was all beautiful, ’cause they were told they had to say that,” Seneca Scott, Coretta’s cousin, told The Post by phone Sunday, referring to the new artwork on the Boston Common.

I would not have posted this had someone other than relation made a big deal about it.

For me, Martin Luther King is a true hero.

It's technically difficult, but that doesn't make it great art. It's an odd statue. I don't get the penis commentary, but maybe I'm not seeing it from the right angle. It's a good idea, the execution just falls short as it feels incomplete.

MLK is definitely a true hero.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      It's technically difficult, but that doesn't make it great art. It's an odd statue. I don't get the penis commentary, but maybe I'm not seeing it from the right angle. It's a good idea, the execution just falls short as it feels incomplete.

MLK is definitely a true hero.
      I think this is the angle of the dangle (sorry) he's referring to.

the-embrace-statue-230115-84a.jpg

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I think this is the angle of the dangle (sorry) he's referring to.

the-embrace-statue-230115-84a.jpg
          LOL I guess. That looks more like a turd. This art doesn't have any good angles, unfortunately. It was a good idea, it's just incomplete and poorly executed.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I really don't care much about statues, where it's MLK or General Lee or whoever, but if that is art, you can kiss my azz.

Comment

Sad that they so poorly executed such a historical icon in American history. The Artist should have just shown the exact picture of the "embrace" that is shown in the NY Post article above. I don't see it either in that sculpture.

Comment

Working...
                X