Another Company Moving to Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Company Moving to Texas

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...s/2857142/]NBC Chicago - Caterpillar Inc. to Move Global Headquarters Out of Chicago Area, Into Texas[/url]

Construction manufacturing giant Caterpillar Inc. is leaving Deerfield, IL for the Dallas-Forth Worth area.

According to a press release from the company, Caterpillar Inc., one of the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, will move its global headquarters from Deerfield to Irving, TX later this year.

"We believe it's in the best strategic interest of the company to make this move, which supports Caterpillar's strategy for profitable growth as we help our customers build a better, more sustainable world," said Chairman and CEO Jim Umpleby in a statement.
    Chicago runs IL and that's bad for business as much of IL suffers for it. It's a deeply blue run state government that makes a lot of things more complicated for the people and businesses within their borders.

We've heard a lot about companies moving out of California for Texas, or expanding within Texas, and now we can add CAT to the list that will now call the Lone Star State home. Texas has a lot to offer and I think there are other states that could utilize some of that for themselves to be more attractive to companies fleeing certain areas of the country due to taxes or regulations or whatever. Can't always compete with Texas, but there are things that others can do. I believe Tesla and/or Space X have moved or plan to move to Texas. Oracle and Hewlett Packard have moved to Texas. Amazon has invested millions in a tech hub in Texas.

Other notable companies that now call Texas home, or have much larger footprints, are Charles Schwab, Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase, Liberty Mutual, McKesson, State Farm and Toyota.

Lower taxes and reasonable costs of living can go a long way. So can not over-regulating everything.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Other notable companies that now call Texas home, or have much larger footprints, are Charles Schwab, Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase, Liberty Mutual, McKesson, State Farm and .
    Check your information again.

JP Morgan Chase is NOT headquartered in Texas and neither is State Farm.

State Farm has a regional office in Dallas and when I was a regulator an additional one in Austin. Headquarters are in Bloomington, Il (note I just checked and the regional office location in Austin is still there).

Chase has an office in Dallas with several thousand employees and their office is in NYC. Same with Citi, Bank of America and U.S. Bank, who all have campuses employing several thousand employees each.

Whether any of these companies (most notably Citi with 7000 employees in Irving) stay or not depends on Dan Patrick and his gang of social justice warriors, as there is a direct conflict between Jane Fraser and Citi executives and the legislature over Citi offering a benefit of an out-of-state abortion for female employees. Full disclosure, I’m in the banking business and a Citi alum.

Libertarianism and rugged individualism works really well until you start to tell women that they have to be barefoot and pregnant or telling gay people that they can’t be gay. Then the problems start. Either you are a libertarian and you keep your nose out of other peoples business or you are a social justice warrior and you start to limit people’s personal rights and freedoms, at which point you are a plain-ole republican claiming to be a libertarian.
    Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 14, 2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Libertarianism and rugged individualism works really well until you start to tell women that they have to be barefoot and pregnant or telling gay people that they can’t be gay. Then the problems start. Either you are a libertarian and you keep your nose out of other peoples business or you are a social justice warrior and you start to limit people’s personal rights and freedoms, at which point you are a plain-ole republican claiming to be a libertarian.
      That is some serious painting with broad brushes fiction right there...bravo...

Comment

Libertarianism and social justice are close to polar opposites.
        Livin the dream

Comment

State Farm has a regional office in Dallas and when I was a regulator an additional one in Austin. Headquarters are in Bloomington, Il (note I just checked and the regional office location in Austin is still there).

Chase has an office in Dallas with several thousand employees and their office is in NYC. Same with Citi, Bank of America and U.S. Bank, who all have campuses employing several thousand employees each.

Whether any of these companies (most notably Citi with 7000 employees in Irving) stay or not depends on Dan Patrick and his gang of social justice warriors, as there is a direct conflict between Jane Fraser and Citi executives and the legislature over Citi offering a benefit of an out-of-state abortion for female employees. Full disclosure, I’m in the banking business and a Citi alum.

You're aware you posted in the past about living in an apartment and driving a Ford Focus right? And being near-retirement age as well. Might want to tap the brakes there Warren Buffet.

And libertarianism works pretty good for the humans with heart beats that happen to still be in utero.

And, and no one of any consequence, or in any measurable volume is telling gay folks that they can't be gay, but keep repeating leftists lines from 1972 if it makes you all warm and fuzzy in your one bedroom studio.
          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; June 14, 2022, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            one bedroom studio.
            Is a one bedroom studio a thing? When I lived in an apartment during my sophomore year of college, it was a studio having one room with no separate bedroom.

Not sure why it'd make any difference what he drives or where he lives anyway. I get it that he's easy to pick on though based on his political views.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

lol I love random triggerfests by this guy. It’s like every so often he escapes from his straps at the asylum and gets access to the internet for 5 minutes and unloads and then is crickets for another 4 months until he escapes again.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                lol I love random triggerfests by this guy. It’s like every so often he escapes from his straps at the asylum and gets access to the internet for 5 minutes and unloads and then is crickets for another 4 months until he escapes again.
                Serious 3rd degree there.

Comment

Check your reading comprehension, as that same sentence also stated or have much larger footprints in Texas. They're choosing to do more in Texas compared to other states because of the business friendly environment.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Not Texas, but another major blow to Illinois as Citadel Securities is moving to Miami.

Chicago's Richest Man Moving His $22 Billion Company to Florida, For A Surprising Reason (msn.com)

Citadel officials cited crime as one critical reason for the move. According to a report, over the last few years, there have been multiple incidents involving Citadel employees. Ken Griffin himself experienced an attempted carjacking, a Citadel employee was stabbed while walking to work, and there have been numerous reports of shootings, riots, and looting near some employees' homes.

Ken Griffin has been outspoken about how crime has affected his employees. In a recent interview, he said, “if people aren't safe here, they're not going to live here. I've had multiple colleagues mugged at gunpoint. I've had a colleague stabbed on the way to work, countless issues of burglary. I mean, that's a really difficult backdrop with which to draw talent to your city from.”
                    So Illinois will have recently lost Caterpillar to Texas, Boeing to Virginia and Citadel to Florida. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some smaller ones that have left as well and I'm sure this won't be the last.

With so many companies looking to leave some of these high tax states, it would be wise of other states to look into how business friendly they may or may not be. You don't have to have high taxes on business to generate tax revenues. And when you have large companies like this that are worth billions, you also have a lot of employees that are generally well paid that live and work in your communities and help drive economic success and support small businesses which simply makes for a better environment.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

There's speculation that with the Musk acquisition that Twitter could be moving its headquarters to Austin as well.

Comment

New Texans…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          "I fig'rd."

Comment

Working...
                          X