• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel successfully tests laser interception system

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Lol. Israel does not lead the world in directed energy weapons.

Comment

Does it catch ghosts too?

I remember years and years ago, I heard there was a 707 or similar plane that would fly around McConnell with a laser on it's nose cone. This was probably 30 years ago. Something tells me that our capabilities to intercept ICBMs is higher than we think and is of the utmost secret.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I remember years and years ago, I heard there was a 707 or similar plane that would fly around McConnell with a laser on it's nose cone. This was probably 30 years ago. Something tells me that our capabilities to intercept ICBMs is higher than we think and is of the utmost secret.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

It was a 747 Airborne laser program (ABL). They choose the wrong laser technology so it became more of test bed of developing the concept. Probably the lessons learned were transfered to new program when it was cancelled in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It was a 747 Airborne laser program (ABL). They choose the wrong laser technology so it became more of test bed of developing the concept. Probably the lessons learned were transfered to new program when it was cancelled in 2009.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_YAL-1 - mentions Wichita in the last paragraph under Origins
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Man, that ABL project was responsible for an awful lot of commerce in the greater Wichita area.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I suppose a great weapon but the brass jumping up and down when the laser knocks a "model airplane" somehow put me in mind of Benny Hill.

Wonder what the range for these laser weapons is?

Comment

Not gonna lie, I was expecting to see a mountain goat get vaporized at the start.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Reminds me of Dr Evil, or the classic 1985 cinematic masterpiece, Real Genius, starring Val Kilmer and Gabriel Jarrett.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            Reminds me of Dr Evil, or the classic 1985 cinematic masterpiece, Real Genius, starring Val Kilmer and Gabriel Jarrett.
                            Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
                              Not right now!

Comment

Working...
                              X