Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 6th Commission

Rep. Adam Schiff doctored a Rep. Jim Jordan text message

Liz Cheney (a/k/a Miss Piggy) Joins Her Pal Adam Schiff in Deliberately Lying About What Happened On January 6

Liz Cheney's Jan. 6 committee: What kind of mendacious operation is this?

Comment

Former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and Lt. General Mike Flynn have both filed complaints against the January 6 Committee asking for declaratory and injunctive relief on similar grounds.

Mainly that the January 6 Committee does not confirm to House Resolution 503 which is the resolution authorizing its existence:

1. The resolution calls for 13 members, the actual committee only has 9.
      2. The resolution called for five members of the minority appointed in consultation with the minority leader, the committee has two members of the minority, selected by the Speaker without consultation with the minority leader.
      3. The authorizing resolution called for a ranking member; the committee has no ranking member.

Also both complaints state that Congress has no freestanding power to issue subpoenas. Its investigative powers are ancillary to its legislative authority… Because of this tie between the investigative and legislative powers, Congress may only issue subpoenas that serve a valid legislative purpose.” Meadows and Flynn allege that subpoenas issued by the January 6 committee serve no valid legislative purpose.

However, the MIke Flynn complaint does include this additional statement:

"At the times relevant herein, General Flynn was and is a private citizen. Like many Americans in late 2020, and to this day, General Flynn has sincerely held concerns about the integrity of the 2020 election. It is now a crime to hold such beliefs, regardless of whether they are correct or mistaken, to discuss them with others, to associate with those who share the same belief, or to ask the government to address such political concerns. Indeed, it is our fundamental Constitutional right to speak about and associate around political issues that concern us, and to petition our government about this grievances. See U.S. Const. Amen. I."

Comment

Kamala Harris comparing January 6 to Pearl Harbor and to 9/11 was perhaps the most despicable political thing I have ever seen.

Comment

What happened on January 6 last year absolutely should not have happened and those guilty should be punished.

That her speech was okayed by God knows who in the White House, that multiple people in government looked at that and said "Yeah, that's ok" says all you need to know about the current state of our leadership, and good bit of the Democratic party.

What a disgrace, and I don't have the words to describe the disdain they have for the thousands that died and were maimed at Pearl and on 9/11. Shame on Vice President Harris and shame on every single person that said "you bet" to her speech.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            What happened on January 6 last year absolutely should not have happened and those guilty should be punished.

That her speech was okayed by God knows who in the White House, that multiple people in government looked at that and said "Yeah, that's ok" says all you need to know about the current state of our leadership, and good bit of the Democratic party.

What a disgrace, and I don't have the words to describe the disdain they have for the thousands that died and were maimed at Pearl and on 9/11. Shame on Vice President Harris and shame on every single person that said "you bet" to her speech.
            It wasn't an insurrection. That's the disgrace. It was a riot with some idiots, and some sheep that would follow anyone. Any violence against the Capitol Police should be prosecuted, but mainly, they have trespassing charges on people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It wasn't an insurrection. That's the disgrace. It was a riot with some idiots, and some sheep that would follow anyone. Any violence against the Capitol Police should be prosecuted, but mainly, they have trespassing charges on people.
              They gave buffalo man three years for walking around in the chamber. Seems like excessive. Maybe I don’t know the whole story on this, but my understanding is that they have some “political” prisoners right now.
              Livin the dream

Comment

I've seen allegations about some guy named Epp, who was supposedly on the FBI's most-wanted list, is on video inciting people, but suddenly disappeared from the list with no arrest, charges, etc. Is there any legitimacy to this or just another conspiracy theory?

Comment

Will this clown show go down as another 'Wellstone Memorial' moment where Dems just whipped themselves up a frenzy like a loudmouth drunk saying dumb **** without a sober filter?
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

They gave buffalo man three years for walking around in the chamber. Seems like excessive. Maybe I don’t know the whole story on this, but my understanding is that they have some “political” prisoners right now.
                    Yes. Political prisoners in isolation. There were some people who assaulted police, but not many. There was a guy caught in camera who left some bombs a short way from the Capitol that they haven’t found. Those bombs were never used, but they could have been dangerous. He may not have even been a Trump supporter. Who knows ? However, Democrats are willing to jump to conclusions.

Comment

Weren't the bombs placed outside the RNC and the DNC? I know they haven't found the person (happened the night before I believe) but I'd wager a little money it was a foreign influence. The fact that they haven't been able to find that person leads a rational person to believe that it wasn't one of the 1/6 group, as they don't appear to be the sharpest knives in any drawer.

Just my .02.

I wonder/worry if some of these people that are incarcerated due to their actions on 1/6 are being treated worse than John Hinkley.

Hinkley. has been basically free (on restrictions) since 2014 and if he doesn't get in trouble, will be untethered to the court next summer, as he appears to present no danger at this point.

Yes, he served 30+ years, but he actually tried to kill the President and has been essentially supported by the people of this country for the last 40 years and will for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                      X