Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Consumer Prices Make Biggest Jump Since 1982

The U.S. Consumer Price Index (CPI) measuring inflation for American consumers rose 0.6 percent, more than then 0.4 percent increase that was predicted by economists who believed the CPI would moderate in the first month of 2022. Year over year, inflation spiked 7.5 percent — the biggest jump since the year...1982.

According to the Labor Department's release accompanying the data, "Increases in the indexes for food, electricity, and shelter were the largest contributors" to January's forecast-busting numbers. Broken down by specific sectors, the CPI showed significant year-over-year increases for energy (27%), used cars and trucks (40.5%), and gasoline (40%).

The January inflation numbers are further repudiation of two claims made by the Biden administration. First, it debunks the White House narrative from last summer that inflation being felt by Americans was "temporary" or "transitory." As any American filling their car up with gas, paying utility bills, or checking out at the grocery store can tell you, price increases have been anything but temporary.

Second, President Biden and the rest of his administration have continually repeated the claim that "Nobody making under 400,000 bucks would have their taxes raised, period, bingo," yet inflation has proven to be a tax on all Americans. Both realities are made even more stark when statistical increases in employment and earned wages evaporate when it comes to Americans' buying power thanks to inflation that's now burning hotter than it has in 40 years.

In my opinion, things are going according to plan for the Democrat party and the radical left. Perhaps even better than they had anticipated it would.
    Caught this tidbit on last night's local news...

Rising Food Prices according to Wells Fargo:
    Super Bowl Parties up 14%
    Chicken Wings up 26%
    Steak up 23%
    Shrimp up 22%
    Pork up 7%

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Im sure that by the 4th of july, everyone will save an average of 17 cents. That more savings than last year!!
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Not possible. Biden told us there was no inflation.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Not possible. Biden told us there was no inflation.
          The inflation is Trans.
          Livin the dream

Comment

A cargo ship carrying thousands of Porsches and Bentleys is burning and adrift at sea

"A fire broke out Wednesday morning on the Felicity Ace, a ship about 650 feet long, near Portugal’s Azores Islands, according to the Portuguese navy. The ship had departed from Emden, Germany, on Feb. 10 and was scheduled to complete its 13-day trip and arrive in Davisville, R.I., next week, according to VesselFinder, a ship tracking website. The Volkswagen Group estimated that nearly 4,000 cars were aboard the Felicity Ace, according to the Drive, an automotive website."

"The fire was still burning on the ship as of Friday, according to the Portuguese navy, and photos showed white smoke billowing out of the vessel. Joao Mendes Cabecas, a captain of the nearby port of Hortas, told Reuters that lithium-ion batteries in the electric cars on the Felicity Ace caught fire, but it was unclear whether that is what started the blaze."

Burning cargo ship carrying Porsches, Volkswagens, Bentleys is adrift in the Atlantic Ocean - The Washington Post

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              A cargo ship carrying thousands of Porsches and Bentleys is burning and adrift at sea

"A fire broke out Wednesday morning on the Felicity Ace, a ship about 650 feet long, near Portugal’s Azores Islands, according to the Portuguese navy. The ship had departed from Emden, Germany, on Feb. 10 and was scheduled to complete its 13-day trip and arrive in Davisville, R.I., next week, according to VesselFinder, a ship tracking website. The Volkswagen Group estimated that nearly 4,000 cars were aboard the Felicity Ace, according to the Drive, an automotive website."

"The fire was still burning on the ship as of Friday, according to the Portuguese navy, and photos showed white smoke billowing out of the vessel. Joao Mendes Cabecas, a captain of the nearby port of Hortas, told Reuters that lithium-ion batteries in the electric cars on the Felicity Ace caught fire, but it was unclear whether that is what started the blaze."

Burning cargo ship carrying Porsches, Volkswagens, Bentleys is adrift in the Atlantic Ocean - The Washington Post

Whoopsie....

I guess, better there then with a family, or a douche in it.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

"Yes, I realize this makes no sense. Some might even call it insane," said Lopez, "but nothing makes sense here in San Francisco. I'm not even sure what I'm doing here anymore. The only reason I even still live here is that there are no more U-Hauls available."

Comment

Comment

Nuked a wiper arm on my truck turning on the wipers the other morning after the ice. Nationwide backorder... MIGHT be here sometime in April.

Not a 1994 Isuzu where parts might be an issue - a 2021 Ford.

Comment

Comment

White House Talking Points Burn After Latest Eye-Watering Inflation Numbers

On Wednesday, the White House’s Jen Psaki trotted out a new talking point to try to obfuscate from the crushing inflation hitting Americans. In doing so, she asserted that inflationary measures were actually going down, which would be news to those still paying exorbitant prices for groceries and gas, among many other common consumer items.

What the press secretary was doing was a too-clever-by-half sleight of hand. Yes, the rate of growth in inflation from month to month had somehow slowed (specifically last December and January), though it’s still far higher than normal levels.

The new inflation numbers have been released, and they clock in at an eye-watering 7.9 percent. That’s good for a 40-year-high and a new record for the Biden administration.

What does that number look like translated to the goods that Americans buy the most? It looks like an absolute house of horrors. In fact, that 7.9% number is incredibly misleading.

Price increases over last year (CPI report):
                        Used Cars: +41.2%
                        Gasoline: +38.0% Gas
                        Utilities: +23.8%
                        Meats/Fish/Eggs: +13.0%
                        New Cars: +12.4%
                        Electricity: +9.0%
                        Food at home: +8.6%
                        Overall CPI: +7.9%
                        Food away from home: +6.8%
                        Apparel: +6.6%
                        Transportation: +6.6%
                        Shelter: +4.7%

Shelter is the single biggest component of CPI (33% of Index) and is still being wildly understated (@ +4.7% YoY) with rents up 18% over the last year and home prices up 19%. Actual inflation rate is much higher than 7.9%.

I don’t know about you, but I buy a lot of meat, gasoline, and utilities, and I’d guess so do most other Americans. That means the real inflation rate, as in what price hikes impact people the most, is somewhere closer to 20-30 percent.

These numbers also put to bed Psaki’s new spin. The month-to-month inflation rate rose to 0.8 percent from 0.6 percent January to February. In other words, no, the rate of growth is not going down.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          White House Talking Points Burn After Latest Eye-Watering Inflation Numbers

On Wednesday, the White House’s Jen Psaki trotted out a new talking point to try to obfuscate from the crushing inflation hitting Americans. In doing so, she asserted that inflationary measures were actually going down, which would be news to those still paying exorbitant prices for groceries and gas, among many other common consumer items.

What the press secretary was doing was a too-clever-by-half sleight of hand. Yes, the rate of growth in inflation from month to month had somehow slowed (specifically last December and January), though it’s still far higher than normal levels.

The new inflation numbers have been released, and they clock in at an eye-watering 7.9 percent. That’s good for a 40-year-high and a new record for the Biden administration.

What does that number look like translated to the goods that Americans buy the most? It looks like an absolute house of horrors. In fact, that 7.9% number is incredibly misleading.

Price increases over last year (CPI report):
                          Used Cars: +41.2%
                          Gasoline: +38.0% Gas
                          Utilities: +23.8%
                          Meats/Fish/Eggs: +13.0%
                          New Cars: +12.4%
                          Electricity: +9.0%
                          Food at home: +8.6%
                          Overall CPI: +7.9%
                          Food away from home: +6.8%
                          Apparel: +6.6%
                          Transportation: +6.6%
                          Shelter: +4.7%

Shelter is the single biggest component of CPI (33% of Index) and is still being wildly understated (@ +4.7% YoY) with rents up 18% over the last year and home prices up 19%. Actual inflation rate is much higher than 7.9%.

I don’t know about you, but I buy a lot of meat, gasoline, and utilities, and I’d guess so do most other Americans. That means the real inflation rate, as in what price hikes impact people the most, is somewhere closer to 20-30 percent.

These numbers also put to bed Psaki’s new spin. The month-to-month inflation rate rose to 0.8 percent from 0.6 percent January to February. In other words, no, the rate of growth is not going down.
                          It's all Putin's fault.

Comment

I sent 25 years evaluating business cases and monitoring progress against the milestones use to justify the investment. I have heard almost every reason/excuse imaginable, and some have taken a lot of imagination and manipulation, to explain why planned expectation have not been meet. Listening to everyone in the Biden administration, including Ms Psaki, would be laughable if the impact was not so widespread & harmful to so many.

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                              I sent 25 years evaluating business cases and monitoring progress against the milestones use to justify the investment. I have heard almost every reason/excuse imaginable, and some have taken a lot of imagination and manipulation, to explain why planned expectation have not been meet. Listening to everyone in the Biden administration, including Ms Psaki, would be laughable if the impact was not so widespread & harmful to so many.
                              And you can tell they are speaking to people who either they know won't call them out, or they think aren't smart enough to know any better. And the ones who will call them out, wil will be ignored or minimized in some other way.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

And you can tell they are speaking to people who either they know won't call them out, or they think aren't smart enough to know any better. And the ones who will call them out, wil will be ignored or minimized in some other way.
                                Sounds like the WSU administration and athletic director.

Comment

Working...
                                X