Sharia law in the US next??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharia law in the US next??

An atheist was wearing a Mohammed costume in a parade and was assaulted/harassed by a Muslim. The US judge rules that insulting Islam is not free speech, dismisses the charges against the attacker, ridicules the victim, and even threatens the victim with contempt for releasing the audio.

There is a surprising story out of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania that seems the perfect storm of religious tensions. You begin with Ernie Perce, an atheist who marched as a zombie Mohammad in the Mec…

Here is a quote from the transcript:

It’s unfortunate that some people use the First Amendment to deliberately provoke others. I don’t think that’s what our forefathers intended. I think our forefathers intended to use the First Amendment so we can speak with our mind, not to piss off other people and cultures – which is what you did.
    Last edited by Ixiah; February 27, 2012, 10:12 AM.

So, based on that ruling, someone should go beat the living daylights out of the Phelps' clan up in Topeka.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      So, based on that ruling, someone should go beat the living daylights out of the Phelps' clan up in Topeka.
      Apparently if you piss someone off you're no longer protected at all.... Of course that's only accurate as it telates to anybody except Jews and Christians
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Apparently if you piss someone off you're no longer protected at all.... Of course that's only accurate as it telates to anybody except Jews and Christians
        I have listened to the transcript. The judge is a self professing Muslim. It is pretty damming for our country that this guy could hold a seat on the bench.

Comment

Muslim Atheist Zombie, I love it!

I know how I am dressing at halloween next season.

There is no hope for this country with stuff like this going on.

I am glad I am old and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I feel sorry for you young guys out there.
          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            I have listened to the transcript. The judge is a self professing Muslim. It is pretty damming for our country that this guy could hold a seat on the bench.
            Judge says he's a Lutheran. We better watch out or he is going to force everyone to eat lutefisk.

Comment

Odd ruling. I think this Judge needs to take a closer look at the First Amendment. His religious beliefs are not relevant – he is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                Judge says he's a Lutheran. We better watch out or he is going to force everyone to eat lutefisk.
                from story discussing the audio

But what got people's attention was a passage in which Martin said that Muslims find such conduct "very, very offensive" -- and added what sounded like "I'm a Muslim, I find it offensive."
                You can go listen to it and decide for your self. I find it hard for the explanation that the judge misspoke becaue I find that judges and lawyers are very anal about what they or somebody else say.

Comment

Lots of interesting info here. Claims to be Lutheran. Three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Probably a secret muslim.

Comment

I don't care what religion he follows, he's way off base and wrong here
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yes, kids, Sharia law is coming and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Take a moment to look on the bright side. At least, someone will finally have the courage and authority to place a manly boot on the neck of all those women who have been tempting you with sexy sexy times without the intention of marrying or becoming impregnated by you... and you know, leaving the homes of their husbands and fathers.

This is stupid. Time to gently pull your underpants from your butt crack. You'll be more comfortable that way and less likely to become outraged over nothing.

I think the judge realized (as we should) that this was a minor scuffle (any injury?) between a couple of dickheads. He took the atheist provocateur to task because it was his fault that this dumbassery ended up in a courtroom.

Nothing to see or surmise here. Move along.
                      I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Originally posted by Wu du Nord View Post
                        Yes, kids, Sharia law is coming and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Take a moment to look on the bright side. At least, someone will finally have the courage and authority to place a manly boot on the neck of all those women who have been tempting you with sexy sexy times without the intention of marrying or becoming impregnated by you... and you know, leaving the homes of their husbands and fathers.

This is stupid. Time to gently pull your underpants from your butt crack. You'll be more comfortable that way and less likely to become outraged over nothing.

I think the judge realized (as we should) that this was a minor scuffle (any injury?) between a couple of dickheads. He took the atheist provocateur to task because it was his fault that this dumbassery ended up in a courtroom.

Nothing to see or surmise here. Move along.
                        diffence is I see is the catholics didn't scuffle with the dressed up pope guy who was marching along with Muhammid.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          diffence is I see is the catholics didn't scuffle with the dressed up pope guy who was marching along with Muhammid.
                          You are mistaking religion as the primary issue. It isn't. Don't be fooled by the folks that like to get your motor running and revved.

If I, who you don't know from Adam, walked up to you and your family at River Fest, started calling Mrs. SB Shock a bunch of bad names for ladies, you pushed me aside, and I drug you into court for assault; I'm guessing I would probably get a short lecture from the judge and a dismissal of the case. If on the other hand, you shoved me to the ground, kicked a couple of my teeth out and did a war dance over me; then I imagine that the case would be treated differently.

This is just common sense... unless of course someone says the Em word, then it's Johnny bar the door! NEXT STOP SHARIA LAW!!!!

Don't be a sucker. Think.
                          I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

سوف الآلهة '
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                            X