SGA overturned on Turning Point USA chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGA overturned on Turning Point USA chapter

The Wichita State University Student Government Association Senate blocked a conservative student group from becoming a registered student organization last week.

The SGA's Supreme Court overruled the SGA's denial to recognize a Turning Point USA chapter as an official student organization.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/kansas-un...fficial-status

The SGA's Supreme Court overruled the SGA's denial to recognize a Turning Point USA chapter as an official student organization.
    Stupid overreach of power by the SGA. Wokeness at its finest. Glad the Supreme Court overruled.

Comment

Not a good look for the University IMO. I live in GA so don't keep up with WSU politics on campus, but imagine my surprise when I see WU Shock on the front page of Fox News. Glad that it was overturned in the end. I guess I never realized how liberal WSU had gotten since my days there 20+ years ago. Stuff like this will make me not want to let others where I went to school.

Comment

This isn't the first example of some extreme left viewpoints trying to shut down those on the right at WSU in recent memory.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

"We stand together", unless you're a conservative... SMH!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Maybe someone can comment, but it looks like these folks are elected with very few votes, so there seems to be low Student Body interest. Left leaning students are probably more likely to be encouraged by their facility (Liberal & Fine Arts, Education) and therefore more politically active. Engineering and Business students & facility are probably less likely to focus on campus politics therefore less likely to participate either by running for office or even voting. I attend WSU for 8 years (2 degrees) and never voted, couldn't even name one officer during those years.

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
              Maybe someone can comment, but it looks like these folks are elected with very few votes, so there seems to be low Student Body interest. Left leaning students are probably more likely to be encouraged by their facility (Liberal & Fine Arts, Education) and therefore more politically active. Engineering and Business students & facility are probably less likely to focus on campus politics therefore less likely to participate either by running for office or even voting. I attend WSU for 8 years (2 degrees) and never voted, couldn't even name one officer during those years.
              I never voted for the SGA.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                This isn't the first example of some extreme left viewpoints trying to shut down those on the right at WSU in recent memory.
                The Young Americans for Liberty org a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                  It’s infiltrating math and science around the world too. Can’t speak specifically about WSU, but Popular Mechanics, Science magazine, American Chemical Society and the American Medical Association are all woke as ****.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Meh... let the student senate dorks and freaks get their jabs in before they're working at Starbucks and hoping for tips from the economically-useful folks they tried to silence.

All of this sort of noise at WSU comes from lib art and humanities types. People who will be flattened by the cold realities of the professional world in a few short years.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Meh... let the student senate dorks and freaks get their jabs in before they're working at Starbucks and hoping for tips from the economically-useful folks they tried to silence.

All of this sort of noise at WSU comes from lib art and humanities types. People who will be flattened by the cold realities of the professional world in a few short years.
                      There are very large corporations that are looking for useful fools of this kind. The expected slap in the face is often given to white male conservatives.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I wish you were right (and you may be) but I think these are exactly the type of professional students that eventually make it into politics. They are groomed and guided by the woke professors (more professional students) and never have to face the challenges of actually performing.

The studies that show the rapid uptick in grades of college students over the last 30 years (to me at least) proves that what little competition there was has all but eroded. This is why we're graduating more kids with useless degrees, and why those kids too often can't find work and then decide to back to school and eventually some group of idiots will bail them out by electing them somewhere.

Comment

Some people go to college to learn how to make dollars, other go to learn how to make change.

Me? I went to keep out of Vietnam.

Comment

I was looking at the Sunflower web site and they had an article on the recent student body elections and the Turning Point USA person won - https://thesunflower.com/62604/news/...-president-vp/

Olivia Gallegos and Mitchell Adamson were elected as student body president and vice president last Wednesday. As the only declared ticket, they won 55% of the vote. Two other write-in candidates ran as well.

Gallegos, a second year SGA senator and the current president of Turning Point USA, said that she was very excited when she learned that she had won the election.

Gallegos said that what she is most excited about is getting back to serving students and the excitement of doing that on a broader scale.

Adamson, a sophomore economics major and former Sunflower staffer, said he is looking forward to connecting with students.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Wait, so they essentially ran unopposed and only got 55% of the vote?

Comment

Working...
                              X