Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOC's Met Gala Sponsor Is a Tax Cheat

The Saga of AOC's 'Tax the Rich' Dress Just Got Hilariously Wors

Aurora James, the designer who footed the bill for AOC’s $30,000+ ticket and gave her the “Tax the Rich” dress is a tax cheat. You can’t make this stuff up.

Frank Luntz tweeted:

The ‘Tax the Rich’ dress designer whom AOC went to the Met Gala with:
    • Owes $103,220 in back taxes
    • Received $41,666 in PPP
    • Has ‘legions’ of unpaid interns
    • Owes $62,722 in workers comp
    • Still found $250,000 for a table at the Met Gala

According to this New York Post article you can add:
    • Ex-staffers blasted the operation as a sweatshop
    • Rent deadbeat

Of course, James is not suffering. James scooped up a $1.6 million residence in Los Angeles in September 2020. The Tudor-style home with cathedral ceilings, a master-bedroom fireplace and backyard hot tub sits on 7,095 square feet in the posh Hollywood Hills.

Ocasio-Cortez, who has made a career out of demanding better worker wages and benefits, and taxing the rich to pay for her budget-busting federal programs, did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

I expect AOC will comment. Here is a preview: "Racist"

I wonder if Ms. Jame is taking the cost of the $250,000 dinner, the cost of AOC's ticket (if in addtion to the table) and the cost of the Tax The Rich dress as a business deduction. My guess is yes. Of course, if she does that the value of AOC's admission and the dress given to AOC would be non-employee compensation to AOC that would require James to report that to the IRS and AOC on a 1099-NEC at the end of this year. And AOC would be required to pay federal and state income taxes plus federal self-employment taxes (Social Security and Medicare Taxes) on that income which I am sure AOC is anxious to do now that she is among the top 10% (maybe top 5%) of income earners in the United States.

What are the chances that we will ever get any follow-up on that and what are the chances that these tax requirements will be complied with? I would guess those chances are between slim and none and we know that slim has left the building.

Comment

Tax cheating? That’s likely a rock that neither dems or repubs really want to start throwing at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Tax cheating? That’s likely a rock that neither dems or repubs really want to start throwing at each other.
        You would think, although the Dems seem to be comfortable with it. i.e. Harry Reid's false accusations vs Mitt Romney and the many accusations thrown at Trump.

Comment

Working...
        X