KU Student Body President retweets 'Death to America'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

... that represents the entire student body of our state's largest university.
    Duly elected at that kung...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Duly elected at that kung...
      Well, so was Biden.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Perhaps she would feel more comfortable going to school in Afghanistan under Taliban rule.

ZESDUVPJYFKWRBPF3KE4LDFNF4.jpg
        That pretty liberal, allowing opened toe shoes...

Comment

Well, so was Biden.
          You are laser quick kung.

Here, I'll add a tag to my original post; it is a quote, loosely attributed to H.L. Mencken:

"...nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people."

(that means the 'voters' and not you, just in case...)

Comment

Doesn't look like any other media besides KWCH covered it. However, someone who works for the Kansas City Star wrote an editorial on the situation (you may need to do the open in incognito or private window thing to read it) - https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/o...254056933.html - here are some parts from it:

This, Jayhawk country, is your KU student body president.

As for KU, the provost’s office responded fecklessly to one concerned alum that, “the opinions in these tweets are protected by the First Amendment. Thus, there is nothing in the post that would allow for action by the university.” Still, the office says, “our Office of Student Affairs has discussed this matter with the Student Body President to ensure she understands the consequences of her tweets — specifically how these tweets might reflect on her and her fellow Student Senators, and how these tweets may impact how she is perceived by fellow students and classmates.”
            So, the university may not be able to act due to the First Amendment — which I certainly understand, though I wonder what other forms of hatred the university would crack down on. But nothing prevents the university from publicly denouncing the tweet. Nor does it prevent others from acting and reacting to her rhetoric, in what the university calls its “marketplace of ideas.” In a marketplace, you get to pick and choose what you buy. A whole lot of folks aren’t buying this — or the fact that students have elected, and the university won’t denounce, a president who would express such hatred for our country.
            Nor is Ms. McAdoo doing her cause, whatever it is, any favors. She has only confirmed in many minds the perception of far-left liberals and, specifically KU, as a breeding ground and safe haven for anti-American hatred.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

We all know if it were someone in the student government on the other side (I know, not going to happen at KU), tweeting about how awful the BLM organization is, they would be removed on the grounds they are contributing to an environment of hate and making non-white students feel unsafe. Free speech wouldn't even enter the conversation for those fascidemics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                Doesn't look like any other media besides KWCH covered it. However, someone who works for the Kansas City Star wrote an editorial on the situation (you may need to do the open in incognito or private window thing to read it) - https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/o...254056933.html - here are some parts from it:

Didn’t the entire K-State community denounce that kid who tweeted something harsh about George Floyd? A couple of athletes even wanted him expelled. Don’t think the double standard is just a KU problem.

Wonder how many countries Madam President has visited?

Comment

Hell, the WSU student gov tried to oust a student president a few years ago because she had some conservative beliefs and didn't actually do anything that should have been controversial. I can't remember all of the details off the top of my head. I think her name was Paige something. Wasn't anything close to this extreme. By doing/saying nothing, KU looks to support such views.

I'm all for free speech and she's entitled to that, but the university can support her free speech and still denounce what she said and take a stand that her views do not reflect those of the university itself. It doesn't have to be just one or the other.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If she just said she voted for Trump, there would be a much different tune. What's ironic is that she can only get away with her talk in America. And yet, she wants that destroyed. And she also knows that she will ultimately face zero consequences for doing it. Yet she will want credit for being courageous. That's not courage. It's not counter culture. It's sad.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Starting to wonder ... how are the student body votes counted? Is there just one professor tallying all the votes up and reporting? Was this chick really even elected, or did some professor just decide she should win based on all the liberal boxes she checks, so he gave her the position?

Comment

Starting to wonder ... how are the student body votes counted? Is there just one professor tallying all the votes up and reporting? Was this chick really even elected, or did some professor just decide she should win based on all the liberal boxes she checks, so he gave her the position?
                        Looks like only about 1000 students voted in the last student body president election - https://www.kansan.com/news/act-up-k...3099f74c0.html

Act Up KU presidential candidate Niya Denise McAdoo and vice presidential candidate Ethan Roark won the race for student body president and vice president, according to unofficial results given to the Kansan by Student Trial Court Chief Judge Harrison Baker.

McAdoo and Roark received 517 votes or 50.93% of the votes cast. In comparison, KUnity presidential candidate Andrew Moore and vice presidential candidate Will Cook received 498 votes or 49.06% of the votes cast.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Maybe someone should erect a "death to kansas university" billboard in Lawrence? It's just an "opinion" that is part of the "marketplace of ideas", protected by the First Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            We all know if it were someone in the student government on the other side (I know, not going to happen at KU), tweeting about how awful the BLM organization is, they would be removed on the grounds they are contributing to an environment of hate and making non-white students feel unsafe. Free speech wouldn't even enter the conversation for those fascidemics.
                            Hypocrisy at its finest. And 100% true.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Hell, the WSU student gov tried to oust a student president a few years ago because she had some conservative beliefs and didn't actually do anything that should have been controversial. I can't remember all of the details off the top of my head. I think her name was Paige something. Wasn't anything close to this extreme. By doing/saying nothing, KU looks to support such views.

I'm all for free speech and she's entitled to that, but the university can support her free speech and still denounce what she said and take a stand that her views do not reflect those of the university itself. It doesn't have to be just one or the other.
                              Her remarks are on the crazy and ignorant side that don’t pass logic. The WSU Presidents remarks had a factual basis for them.

Comment

Can we trade her to Afghanistan for a trapped American to be named later? Let her see what real oppression looks like.

From the looks of her, she should be waging war on cheeseburgers because she looks like she's had her fair share.

Comment

Working...
                                X