California Gov Recall -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Gov Recall -

In a state with 40 million people, it’s entirely conceivable that a new governor could be “elected” with fewer than 2 million votes.

Ballots are now arriving at California homes for the recall. Democrats are freaking out with headlines like:

California’s Recall Election Could Be a National Disaster

Democrats are starting to freak out. And there is some that want their own process declared unconstitutional

Constitutional law experts such as Erwin Chemerinsky believe this whole process should immediately be ruled unconstitutional, since it distorts the will of the people beyond all recognition. There’s a strong likelihood that a popular Democratic governor, who won election in 2018 with 61.9 percent of the vote—more than 7.7 million votes—could win nearly 50 percent of the vote in 2021 only to be replaced by an unpopular Republican who wins barely one-third of that percentage.

In a state with 40 million people, it’s entirely conceivable that a new governor could be “elected” with fewer than 2 million votes. Realistically, though, however unfair it is, it’s unlikely that any court is going to put the kibosh on the election this late in the game.
    Californians have two ballots

1. Vote to whether to recall Newsom (have to vote NO)
    2. Then they have to vote for new Gov. Only democrat choice is Newsom , there is multiple republicans.

Operating under the assumption that they’d defeat the recall in a cakewalk, Democrats neglected to build up a strong ground game over the past months. As a result, the front-runner on the second question on the recall ballot is Larry Elder, a far-right radio host from Los Angeles. His politics—opposition to mask mandates, hostility to Roe v. Wade, support for Donald Trump, a belief in abolishing the minimum wage—puts him on par with Texas Governor Greg Abbott, and places him miles to the right of the great majority of Californians.
    The risk for democrats is this is going to be even worse than off mid-term election, so very small participation (except from the energized conservatives)

“If the vote were held today, he’d lose,” Blain says of Newsom’s chances. “I think he doesn’t understand how much he needs the field campaign.” But Blain also believes there’s still a small window—a week to 10 days, as the mailed-out ballots reach Californians—to turn the election around through massive voter outreach efforts.
    grab the popcorn...

If Larry Elder is far right, then they need to use the term far left for Newsome. Wouldn't this be a historic election if Elder won? I'm pretty sure he would be the first black governor of California, right? Shouldn't that be praised and celebrated?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      If Larry Elder is far right, then they need to use the term far left for Newsome. Wouldn't this be a historic election if Elder won? I'm pretty sure he would be the first black governor of California, right? Shouldn't that be praised and celebrated?
      No. Larry Elder is a white supremacist. If he wins it’s like electing Donald Trump all over.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        https://www.politico.com/states/cali...vernor-1389829

Libertarian Larry Elder could well ride soaring conservative enthusiasm to become the first Black governor of deeply Democratic California.
        It would be historic.

Comment

Wife and I already cast our ballots. Bye bye idiot Newsom...

Comment

Not directly related to the recall, but it is California.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Wife and I already cast our ballots. Bye bye idiot Newsom...
              Is there any way to track the progress of this recall?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Is there any way to track the progress of this recall?
                All that I can see are polls but I have heard that there have been a lot of registered Dem ballots received vs. Republicans. I expect that a lot of Republicans and moderates / undecided will wait to cast their ballots or will hand deliver on election day. Definitely will not know the outcome until a while after 9/14. Also, the Dems are running a spirited smear campaign against Larry Elder because he scares them to death. Lol!

Comment

Comment

Wow. Gonna be close! And Elder is killing it if it goes down.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Wow. Gonna be close! And Elder is killing it if it goes down.

Go Elder!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

All that I can see are polls but I have heard that there have been a lot of registered Dem ballots received vs. Republicans. I expect that a lot of Republicans and moderates / undecided will wait to cast their ballots or will hand deliver on election day. Definitely will not know the outcome until a while after 9/14. Also, the Dems are running a spirited smear campaign against Larry Elder because he scares them to death. Lol!
                        Larry Elder would be as good a candidate as anyone imo. Lots better than Arnold Schwarzenegar. .

Comment

We know the Dems have a great "Create the Vote" campaign.

Oops, I mean "Get Out the Vote".

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post

We know the Dems have a great "Create the Vote" campaign.

Oops, I mean "Get Out the Vote".
                            You mean like this...?

Torrance police are investigating the discovery of hundreds of recall election ballots in a vehicle where a felon was found passed out with drugs, a loaded firearm and multiple driver’s licen…

Torrance police are investigating the discovery of hundreds of recall election ballots in a vehicle where a felon was found passed out with drugs, a loaded firearm and multiple driver’s licenses one week ago, authorities said Monday.

Approximately 300 ballots were recovered from the vehicle, which was parked in the lot of a 7-Eleven convenience store on the night of Aug. 16, according to the Torrance Police Department.

Officers also discovered a loaded firearm, methamphetamine, thousands of pieces of mail, a scale, and multiple California drivers licenses and credit cards that were in other people’s names, a police news release stated. Xanax pills were also located on the unidentified male subject, who authorities described as a felon.

Comment

Exit polling showing 55% approve of Newsome handling his job, 42% don't.

There is no data that would indicate that Newsome will lose, in fact, everything says it will be a landslide for Newsome. Predictions are 60% to retain Newsome.

Comment

Working...
                              X