Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inside Sources: Media Matters coordination with White House and Mainstream Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Sources: Media Matters coordination with White House and Mainstream Media

Inside Media Matters: Sources, memos reveal erratic behavior, close coordination with White House and news organizations

People are starting to talk about coordination between Media Matters, the White House and traditional news outlets. This could seriously damage the image of the traditional media, if any of them would come clean.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Holy mackeral another uber right wing article about a so called conspiracy. Who da thunk it!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      Inside Media Matters: Sources, memos reveal erratic behavior, close coordination with White House and news organizations

People are starting to talk about coordination between Media Matters, the White House and traditional news outlets. This could seriously damage the image of the traditional media, if any of them would come clean.
      To begin with, the image of the tradition media is already damaged, in the sense that it is truly objective (I have a hard time thinking of which reporters I would consider “objective” – Jake Tapper comes to mind). In my judgment, anyone who doesn’t recognize that the so-called mainstream media, as a whole, has an inherent bias leftward isn’t paying attention or honest with himself. That said, just because an organization like Media Matters feeds information and/or works with other progressive organizations isn’t surprising – I suspect that is why it exists. And, frankly, I am fine with it.

Furthermore, if certain writers like Sargent, Robinson, and Dionne, for example, wish to rely to one extent or another on information or narratives that Media Matters feeds them there is nothing wrong with that either. These people are paid of offer opinions – they have a bias. But I would caution them to be wary of information they receive from sources like Media Matters – if they want to be credible they still have an obligation to their readers to base their opinions on facts. Organizations like Media Matters can sometimes get a little loosey- goosey in this regard.

We are trending toward a much more partisan press in this country and I am not sure it is such a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        Holy mackeral another uber right wing article about a so called conspiracy. Who da thunk it!
        I though it was kind of funny that the pinko/communist/left wing loony of media matters guy thinks there are right wing snipers (probably with ss tattoos) on the building tops looking to take him out. He is probably more than likely to die from his Chevy volt exploding.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          I though it was kind of funny that the pinko/communist/left wing loony of media matters guy thinks there are right wing snipers (probably with ss tattoos) on the building tops looking to take him out. He is probably more than likely to die from his Chevy volt exploding.
          Ha! I though it was curious that a member of Media Matter would speak to a "reporter" from the Daily Caller. "Pride?" Could be.

Comment

I think its funny how anyone in their right minds would take any credence in a story from a far right website naming zero sources, just one word for that gullible!
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              I think its funny how anyone in their right minds would take any credence in a story from a far right website naming zero sources, just one word for that gullible!
              Hey! I will keep it in mind.

P.S. Do you even read?

Comment

Working...
              X