102 % Tax Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 102 % Tax Rate

This poor guy actually has a 102% tax rate. Why work??

Mr. Ross lamented. “Certain rich people are paying way more their fair share and other rich people are paying a lot less. I’d like to see a conversation take place along nonideological lines where everyone is asked to pay their fair share, where everyone makes some payment, even if it’s one dollar. Everyone I know is so disgusted. People aren’t stupid. They know what’s going on. At the end of the day, the system is broken.”
    The problem is that 'fair' is inherently and irremediably ideologically dependent.
    I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

This is why I believe that if we are going to tax income, whether graduated or flat rate, it should be done at the same rate regardless of how it was earned, and taxed one time only by that taxing entity. And lets dump ALL deductions and credits except for a standard personal and dependents exemption. You made this, you pay this. Done.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think that works in the lab, but not out in the field.

Comment

It doesn't work in the field because it eliminates politicians ability to curry favor and give payoffs.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
          X