No announcement yet.

Georgia Senate Runoff Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, I don't think it's ironic anymore, it's just the way it is. One side is allowed almost every transgression while the other is expected to be borderline perfect.

As a Republican, I condemn the actions of those protesting that are violent or breaking the law in any way. Peaceful assembly only will be tolerated.

Comment

These losses are directly attributable to Trump's election fraud conspiracy theory. You can't spend two months telling your supporters that elections are fixed/stolen and expect them to come out and vote.

Trump lit fire to the GOP, the Constitution and the country (with help from the Republican Reps and Senators who continue to indulge his lunacy) on his way out the door. It's going to take years to repair the damage.

As a long time conservative Republican I'm embarrassed.

Comment

This is a complete ****ing embarrassment.

Trump should be ashamed but he is incapable. Trump supporters should be ashamed.

No doubt many people are proud of this moment. **** them.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          It is hilarious to see the holier than thou Dems now condemning Republican protests and being outraged when they were nowhere to be found during the antifa / BLM looting and riots. I am not condoning what is happening by any means, just find it ironic that the left is now outraged.
          Unfortunately, the bar was set this summer and now the beast has been created. A precedent could’ve been made this summer that none of this bullshit be tolerated. But it wasn’t. Eyes turned. And now when the shoe slips on the other foot, the irony most certainly comes out.

Politicians are some of the worst scum out there, right up there with the one-sided media. I don’t condone any violence but after the summer of peacefulness, I can’t say I feel bad for what’s happening today.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shots fired on the Capitol grounds and a woman in critical condition after being shot in the chest.

Windows on the Capitol being broken so protesters can enter the building through the windows.
            Last edited by Aargh; January 6, 2021, 02:32 PM.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Idiots

Comment

Moved to other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  If you think this is in any way comparable to the protests over the deaths of American citizens this summer then you are ignorant. Willfully or not.

All this is happening because a big ****ing baby can’t handle the fact that he lost an election fair and square.

Cult of personality. Trump over country.
                  So months of violent rioting, shooting, assaulting, looting etc is not comparable to a violent counter protest?

And this is why this country sucks. People can never admit their side is wrong or fallible even if it’s painfully obvious.

I promise you there were tons more disturbing scenes than this over the summer that you didn’t see because the POS media is effing one sided. One example was a young woman in the Midwest shot cold-blooded dead in her tracks after she replied back to BLM protesters with “All lives matter”. Of course the MSM never picked up on this. So you can excuse me if I tell you to STFU.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So months of violent rioting, shooting, assaulting, looting etc is not comparable to a violent counter protest?

And this is why this country sucks. People can never admit their side is wrong or fallible even if it’s painfully obvious.

I promise you there were tons more disturbing scenes than this over the summer that you didn’t see because the POS media is effing one sided.
                    This country sucks? **** you.

Comment

Multiple officers injured. One transported by ambulance to a hospital.

Congress evacuated from the Capitol using their emergency evacuation procedures that were in place in case a foreign enemy or terrorist group invaded the Capitol.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

This country sucks? **** you.
                        Oh never mind. It’s a great time to be in this country. You’re right.

Oh, and make sure you read my edit.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I promise you there were tons more disturbing scenes than this over the summer that you didn’t see because the POS media is effing one sided.
                          I agree with most of what you say here, but storming into the Capitol building is an escalation and a direct attack on our democracy.

That said, there is no justifying this anymore than there is justification for the idiots who participated in the violent, deadly riots all summer. It's all senseless and wrong. It's time for both sides to condemn it all and tell people to go home until they can demonstrate peaceably. Anything else is enabling lawlessness and leading us into further division.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I agree with most of what you say here, but storming into the Capitol building is an escalation and a direct attack on our democracy.

That said, there is no justifying this anymore than there is justification for the idiots who participated in the violent, deadly riots all summer. It's all senseless and wrong. It's time for both sides to condemn it all and tell people to go home until they can demonstrate peaceably. Anything else is enabling lawlessness and leading us into further division.
                            The Republicrats get too much power from division to do anything about it. Politics has become way too tribal and hostile the past couple decades. Little to nothing will change until voters actually hold their representatives accountable, and we appear to have a long way to go before that happens.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

And storming into a federal courthouse and setting fires isn't a direct attack on our democracy? It seems like what you are calling an escalation already happened. What happened then is JUST as wrong as what happened today.

The attorney general wasn’t the only Justice Department official heard from recently. Last Friday Brian Moran, U.S. attorney for the Western District of Washington, eloquently explained why additional federal agents had been summoned to Seattle after rioters broke into the federal courthouse there, set a fire, and tagged the walls with graffiti.

Comment

Ossoff just declared the winner in GA.

Comment

Working...
                                X