Justice Alito - Pandemic has led to 'unimaginable' curbs on liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice Alito - Pandemic has led to 'unimaginable' curbs on liberty

The Thomson Reuters Foundation stands for free, independent journalism, human rights, women's empowerment, and the rule of law.

"It pains me to say this," Alito added, "but in certain quarters, religious liberty is fast becoming a disfavored right."

The justice said freedom of speech was also under threat.

"Although that freedom is falling out of favor in some circles, we need to do whatever we can to prevent it from becoming a second-tier constitutional right," he said.

Freedom - Always has and always will be the true counter-culture.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

This is so true! It has given many politicians (particularly those on the left) the ultimate power they have craved for so long to strip Americans of their freedoms. The data has been manipulated to allow them to do it in the name of "public safety".

Comment

You blind, ignorant fools! (I say that with Christ-like love)

We. Are. At. War!

Had we not encountered this virus everything would be NORMAL.

Am I the only person who hasn't gone mad?

If after the pandemic is gone and your mayor wants to shut down your church or shoot tear gas canisters at you while you protest, then come back here and *****.

What is wrong with these people?

Comment

Well here in CA, you can go to an indoor strip club but not to church. Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            You blind, ignorant fools!
            We. Are. At. War!
            :
            This is no war. You are a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Well here in CA, you can go to an indoor strip club but not to church. Does that make sense?
              You can’t get Covid from a cunny.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This is no war. You are a fool.
                Not in this country it isn't. Which is exactly the reason we find ourselves in the dilemma we are in.

Speaking of wars; Covid-19 has now killed more people than WWI, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, and the Persian Gulf War combined. We lost 405K in WWII and should be able to equal those deaths with Covid by March easily.

Stay tuned!

Comment

Not in this country it isn't. Which is exactly the reason we find ourselves in the dilemma we are in.

Speaking of wars; Covid-19 has now killed more people than WWI, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, and the Persian Gulf War combined. We lost 405K in WWII and should be able to equal those deaths with Covid by March easily.

Stay tuned!
                  Well if we sent the elderly to war, we’d have many more casualties. Instead, we send young, fit men because we want to win.

Comment

Stay tuned!
                    Call me when we hit Spanish flu levels or small pox or Black Plague. Coronavirus is minor league in the scheme of things. You’ve gone soft.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Call me when we hit Spanish flu levels or small pox or Black Plague. Coronavirus is minor league in the scheme of things. You’ve gone soft.
                      Rate of death during the Small Pox pandemic was 30 percent. I don’t know what the Spanish flu death rate was? This virus’ rate is less than 1 percent. It isn’t even in the same orbit as Small Pox.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I'll do you one better: I'll make a bet and I'll do so without much preparation prior. I'm saying I'm giving you a softball to hit out of the park. You need to get on base brother. You're sounding edgy.

I bet... that had the Spanish flu hit in 2020 it would have been no more deadly and disruptive than Covid-19... perhaps less.

Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic. While the 1918 H1N1 virus has been synthesized and evaluated, the properties that made it so devastating are not well understood. With no vaccine to protect against influenza infection and no antibiotics to treat secondary bacterial infections that can be associated with influenza infections, control efforts worldwide were limited to non-pharmaceutical interventions such as isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and limitations of public gatherings, which were applied unevenly.
                        Essentially, we were a herd of cavemen back in 1918 trying to fight a lone guy on the hill with a rifle. No contest.

But you know this my friend, you undoubtedly studied the 1918 H1N1 pandemic in medical school right? You must know much more on the subject than little ol' me... armed only with Google ....................... and a truly remarkable brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Rate of death during the Small Pox pandemic was 30 percent. I don’t know what the Spanish flu death rate was? This virus’ rate is less than 1 percent. It isn’t even in the same orbit as Small Pox.
                          Brother, you just need to go to bed and not even try to tag team ol' wufan. He's gonna survive my tongue lashing and carrying on just fine. You however are gonna wind up with a sore ass and have no idea who just went balls deep inside. It'll be similar to that first night you spent in prison back in the day. A lot of struggling and grunting with even more regret later. Step away while you still can.

Comment

Working...
                          X