Marshall v. Bollier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall v. Bollier

This is an issue that I found interesting that possibly will pass by most or at least many voters. Bollier is taking the route of Biden in refusing to give her stance on this issue before she wins election,

The Senate has always prided themselves on being the "higher chamber" who does things differently than the House. After all, Senators are elected for 6 year terms, and aren't as susceptible to partisanship as the House. They are more thoughtful and more bipartisan. The Democrat left, has been eroding the filibuster since the decade of the 1980's and has become more and more partisan in their decisions.

Bollier insists in her commercials that she is a Centrist who prides herself on her bipartisanship and that she will change the way Washington does business. She will bring back the bipartisanship and work for legislation across party lines. However on this issue of filibusters which is a Senate rule that requires bipartisanship on most issues.

Health Care is too much of our countries economy to be decided by one party. If the Affordable Care Act had been a bipartisan decision, it would have had a much bigger chance of succeeding.

Health Care, Court packing, and adding Democrat states to the Union will be the next issue after the election of the Democrat Party. The Democrats are showing their penchant for Authoritarian government (see Cuba, Russia, Venezuela, etc.)and lack of respect for the other side. This Political Civil War needs to end.

Barbara Bollier will not change the Democrat Party. She is showing that she just wants to get elected, and follow Nancy Pelosi's and Chuck Schumer..

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...246607398.html
    Last edited by Shockm; October 22, 2020, 10:04 AM.

In a cage match, I'd take HC3GM all the way!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

These candidates always talk about bi-partisanship, but that goes out the window immediately when they get to Washington. Both parties.

Is Bollier going to go against Schumer's wishes when she hits the Senate? Of course not.

Will Marshall go against McConnell when he hits the Senate? Of course not.

Here's the difference, at least in Kansas:

McConnell's view of America aligns more with Kansas than Schumer's. Therefore, Marshall doesn't have to lie about his partisanship (even though it is clearly there).

Bollier has to try and sell us that she won't be a pawn of Schumer. Which she clearly will be.

National representative politics any more is just voting if you want to give power to the Dems or Republicans. There is no bi-partisanship.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

From the debate last night

Comment

Yikes!! Makes Hiden Joe look good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            These candidates always talk about bi-partisanship, but that goes out the window immediately when they get to Washington.
            No, no, no. You misunderstand. They are saying "bye partisanship".

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, no, no. You misunderstand. They are saying "bye partisanship".
              Not Hiden Joe. He does not see red or blue. Didn't you hear him last night?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not Hiden Joe. He does not see red or blue. Didn't you hear him last night?
                Yeah and two sentences later he made a comment about red states.

Comment

Actual Biden quote:

"And I don't look at this in terms of what he does, blue states and red states. They’re all the United States. And look at the states that are having such a spike in the coronavirus. They’re the red states."

I thought you didn't look at it in those terms, Joe? C'mon man!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Actual Biden quote:

"And I don't look at this in terms of what he does, blue states and red states. They’re all the United States. And look at the states that are having such a spike in the coronavirus. They’re the red states."

I thought you didn't look at it in those terms, Joe? C'mon man!
                    Hey! We were friends with Hitler too!

Comment

Maybe if someone with any credability had told Hitler, "Look, if you eff around we are gonna wipe you and your pedo-stache off the face of the Earth!!" Maybe things would have gone differently. But, we went the appeasement, limp-wristed route.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Just think what it would be like if Trump had been alive during WW2. He probably would have brought Goebbels into his cabinet to spread misinformation on the pandemic!

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Just think what it would be like if Trump had been alive during WW2. He probably would have brought Goebbels into his cabinet to spread misinformation on the pandemic!
                          And Hiden Joe would have sent his son over to Germany to see if they could cash in somehow on the downlow..

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Probably.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — Republicans who were desperate to have Kansas Congressman Roger Marshall as their candidate for an open Senate seat are finding the race to be anything but the sure thing they once thought it would be.

Republicans are sweating a race in a state where they haven’t lost a Senate race since 1932 and where Democrats have sometimes conceded contests by Labor Day. It shows how energized Democrats are about potentially overturning the GOP’s 53-47 Senate majority and how a backlash against President Donald Trump could be a factor even in states he’s expected to carry on Election Day.

“I’m trying to convince people to vote for Marshall, but I shouldn’t be having to do that,” said Tim Shallenburger, a former Kansas GOP chairman and state treasurer. “It should be a given in a U.S. Senate race.”

Bollier was a lifelong moderate Republican before she switched parties at the end of 2018. Her pitch to moderate voters — that she’s an independent centrist — appeals to some Republicans who, like Bollier, support abortion rights and gun-control measures and are disgusted by Trump.

Angela Gegen, a 61-year-old retired postal worker from Wichita, has been making $25 donations to Democratic candidates through the ActBlue website even though she’s a registered Republican. She is also volunteering for a campaign for the first time by making phone calls in support of Bollier.

“There’s a whole a lot of middle ground that the Republicans no longer want to occupy,” she said.

The race is tight, with a New York Times and Siena College poll released Thursday showing Marshall with a 46% to 42% lead over Bollier. The poll was of 755 likely Kansas voters and had a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

It’s also by far the most expensive political race in Kansas’ history. Marshall’s and Bollier’s campaigns and outside groups are set to spend more than $52 million by Election Day, according to the media tracking firm Kantar/CMAG. That would amount to spending roughly $28 per registered voter. On Marshall’s side, all but $2.4 million of the $30 million to be spent is from GOP groups.
                              Wow! I hadn't paid much attention to this race. If this is any indication of the headwinds Trump is facing... it's going to be a Biden landslide.

Marshall, an obstetrician, this week called Democrats “the party of mask mandates” after at least half the crowd at a Kansas City, Kansas, political event didn’t wear masks. He argued that people see “we’re winning that battle” even though Kansas is experiencing its worst surge in new coronavirus cases and has one of the highest COVID-19 positivity rates in the country.
                              And this is why I can't vote. I'M the party of mask mandates and I'm very Conservative. Republicans have firmly entrenched themselves as Covidiot Central. They all need to go.

Republicans need to rebuild the GOP and open their arms wide to science and stop the party's brain drain. They need to espouse Capitalism, free markets,... freedom in general; but NEVER, EVER AGAIN, do they wander down the seductive path of conspiratorial thinking. It is absolutely infecting EVERYONE!

Hannity needs to go, Ingraham needs to go, Tucker needs to go... these talking heads have been the worst with regards to propaganda.

Ben Shapiro can stay.

The only problem with Ben is that even though he has a great mind, he is borderline autistic and difficult for most people to listen to. He actually speaks at a speed I'm comfortable with (most people speak too slow for me).

Comment

Working...
                              X