• S. Carolina Republican Primary

Latest polls (PPP, Rasumussen)

Romney (28-29%)
    Gingrich (21-24%)
    Santorum (14-16%)
    Paul (15-16%)
    Perry (6%)
    Huntsman (5%)

Paul is actually surging some, Santorum initial surge is short lived.

That a Moderate Northeastern Republican is doing well in South Carolina is telling. And that's not even adding his Mormonism to the discussion.

As much as I'd rather vote for Marco Rubio or some other Conservative rising star, people need to come to grips that it's over. Continuing to bloody each other in a primary fight doesn't seem to help in the general election against Obama. I guess stranger things have happened, Romney could come out and say something absolutely sexist, racist, bigoted or homophobic, but it's not likely. And really, that's all the rest of the field could hope for right now.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

It seems that the continued "bloody" fight plays to Romney advantage. It is probably stopping anybody to really seriously challenge him. But I agree, I think if Romney wins SC it is over unless something comes out of LF.

Comment

The only reason Romney might win SC is because the anti-Romney vote is being divided up between so many candidates.

I would hate to think that the race would be declared over if Romney ends up winning SC with something like 28% of the vote. That still means that 72% did not vote for him.

Romney just seems like such a weasel to me. He has taken every position on every issue. He will say anything just to get elected. I guess in many ways he is just a typical politician. I just don't trust him at all.

Comment

Romney pulling away in SC: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ing-away-in-sc
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

It's Romney unless they find bodies buried in his yard.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Or his campaign become a reality-tv episode of Big Love

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                Or his campaign become a reality-tv episode of Big Love
                Ha! Be nice.

Comment

If Romney wins SC, I think I will throw up.

It would be nice if people from more than 3 small states would get to have a voice on who the nominee is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    If Romney wins SC, I think I will throw up.

It would be nice if people from more than 3 small states would get to have a voice on who the nominee is going to be.
                    Don't throw up. A huge victory for Newt.

Comment

The republican constituents are mind boggling.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Did they find any?

Comment

No idea. No idea at all.

Comment

What I find funny about this is that SC is supposed to be the litmus for what candidate "evangelicals" will support. And it appears they love a really good forgiveness story. Unfortunately, they are also gullible enough to think that Newt is any different than he was 10 or 20 years ago. From all the recent scandals it is apparent that the beltway elite feel they are above the social norms of the rest of the country. I personally believe his ex-wife's allegations. And exactly how does lecturing the media in a debate make him any more qualified to be president than before his rant?

I wish I could say I'm mystified, but sadly, I expected it.

Comment

I really enjoyed him lecturing the media. No, he's not qualified.

Comment

Working...
                              X