X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Explosion in Beirut

What the hell was that?

Stay tuned...

Looks like something had already happened (white smoke) then something BIG was triggered...guessing a fire of some kind got out of hand, but given the location anything is possible.

Comment

There is a picture on Business Insider of the blast. Fireworks warehouse. The blast is unreal. The shockwave is massive. Looks like a grain elevator next door.
      A massive blast appeared to originate near the city's port. Lebanon's National News Agency reports that a fireworks warehouse caught fire and exploded.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Reports is that there was confiscated sodium nitrate being stored there with other combustible material. Sodium nitrate is oxidizer that could be combined with a propellent to make rocket fuel.

Comment

Holy crap.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Man, my heart absolutely goes out to these folks. Just look at the apartment buildings near the blast that are hit by the shockwave. Horrific tragedy.

The second video shows surrounding apartment buildings just disintegrating from the shockwave. Prayers to the folks in Beirut.

Comment

The videos I saw of people walking in the aftermath is complete destruction. I'm not sure how close the video I saw was to the epicenter, but there isn't anything left. I'm guessing there were quite a few personnel battling the existing fire prior to, but being a fireworks warehouse, maybe everyone just GTFO and hunkered down knowing what was to come. Hopefully that was the case.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Comment

Mother of God...…….

Comment

Holy ****. I saw the headline earlier and thought it was a slow news day. I can't even begin to imagine what happened to anyone in that blast zone.

Only in the past few years did I become acutely aware of the concept of "sonder." It makes events like this almost too painful to comprehend.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

This tweet seems to show a pretty significant initial explosion followed about 30 seconds later by a massive blast.

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/stat...78095268241410

Watch: Incredible Videos Show Horrifically Massive Explosion In Beirut

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/202...ion-in-beirut/

Comment

I have two Lebanese folks that work for me. One of them grew up in a village “above” Beirut. Beirut is on the coast. The explosion happened at a warehouse near the pier. The country slopes up towards the mountains, and that’s where she’s from. They called home and people in the village and they stated that their windows were all blown out.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Saw a media outlet reporting 70 deaths.

Umm, there were 70 BUILDINGS disintegrated. You might be reporting a death toll a little too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Saw a media outlet reporting 70 deaths.

Umm, there were 70 BUILDINGS disintegrated. You might be reporting a death toll a little too early.
                            It’s not residential. Mostly warehouses, so whatever the death toll ends up being, it will be far less than it could have been.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

In the Twitter era, there are some troubling scenes shared immediately. I won't link them, but there's one showing bodies that appear fused to the ground, others with people wandering, covered in blood and who knows what else, there's a video of a livestream where the photographer clearly lost his life and a couple of sick memes that show the depravity of the worst of humans.

May God Bless anyone affected by this and bring comfort to all that seek His love.

Comment

Working...
                              X