Voting in 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting in 2020

I voted today and it was EMPTY. Kinda crazy. Almost spooky.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

I am concerned about the Presidential election. There was an eye-popping amount of fraud in mail-in ballots in recent elections. How do you stop it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      I voted today and it was EMPTY. Kinda crazy. Almost spooky.
      I voted a week ago, and in Kansas, mail in voting is done right with an identification number (drivers license), signature, etc. You also have to ask for a ballot to be mailed to you over a week ago at the latest. The only thing that could be done better is if states required votes to be mailed in earlier so that they can receive them earlier.

However, none of the shenanigans like in California, or Nevada..
      Last edited by Shockm; August 4, 2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Voted at 9am. More workers in the gym than voters.

Comment

Voted just before 7 this morning. There were 6 machines and 3 or 4 areas for manual voting. All the machines were occupied and I was 3rd in line. 4 workers.

Took 10 minutes tops from beginning to end. Good foot traffic as I was leaving, probably as many as 10 in line to vote.

In general, I have no problem with absentee voting. ENORMOUS problem with sending out ballots to registered (or worse just addresses or random databases of names).

What I don't like, and I can't defend against it, is making it easy for young people to vote, which is just a matter of time. Register by fingerprint analysis on your phone, request a ballot or secure connection to vote...a single tik toc video from a useless popular "influencer" and 200,000 people that aren't thinking for themselves vote however they are told to vote.....and that's their right.

That's what scares me.

Also not a huge fan of really early voting. Maybe a week or 2 in advance, ok....much more than that seems like not a great idea. Just my opinion.

Comment

I got my stylus and my swab. Telling everybody at work that they test you first for covid with the swab.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I voted a week ago, and in Kansas, mail in voting is done right with an identification number (drivers license), signature, etc. You also have to ask for a ballot to be mailed to you over a week ago at the latest. The only thing that could be done better is if states required votes to be mailed in earlier so that they can receive them earlier.

However, none of the shenanigans like in California, or Nevada..
              Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                I got my stylus and my swab. Telling everybody at work that they test you first for covid with the swab.
                When I saw the swab I didn't know what to think...mandatory testing? Lock down? Contact tracing via skin cells? I used my stylus instead.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  LOLZ

Comment

Marshall out to a sizeable lead early. From a GOP standpoint though it appears troubling in that DEM total votes for Bollier, who basically ran unopposed, is barely trailing total votes cast by the GOP in a contentious race with millions spent. Bollier also has raised a ton of money. It's going to be extremely difficult for the GOP to hold this seat imho.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Voted just before 7 this morning. There were 6 machines and 3 or 4 areas for manual voting. All the machines were occupied and I was 3rd in line. 4 workers.

Took 10 minutes tops from beginning to end. Good foot traffic as I was leaving, probably as many as 10 in line to vote.

In general, I have no problem with absentee voting. ENORMOUS problem with sending out ballots to registered (or worse just addresses or random databases of names).

What I don't like, and I can't defend against it, is making it easy for young people to vote, which is just a matter of time. Register by fingerprint analysis on your phone, request a ballot or secure connection to vote...a single tik toc video from a useless popular "influencer" and 200,000 people that aren't thinking for themselves vote however they are told to vote.....and that's their right.

That's what scares me.

Also not a huge fan of really early voting. Maybe a week or 2 in advance, ok....much more than that seems like not a great idea. Just my opinion.
                      Just curious.. are you equally scared that grandma that believes everything she reads on Facebook gets to vote too?

Comment

Not sure what your point is, but perhaps "scared" isn't the right word and I should have found something different. To answer your question, I would prefer that "grandma" (in your scenario) not vote, but I don't believe, again with your scenario, that there are enough of them to move the needle much. Clearly there are young Americans not interested in engaging in the political arena who would vote in huge numbers if the vote is taken to them, and do so at the whim of a tik tok influencer.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Not sure what your point is, but perhaps "scared" isn't the right word and I should have found something different. To answer your question, I would prefer that "grandma" (in your scenario) not vote, but I don't believe, again with your scenario, that there are enough of them to move the needle much. Clearly there are young Americans not interested in engaging in the political arena who would vote in huge numbers if the vote is taken to them, and do so at the whim of a tik tok influencer.
                          That's a fair answer. I knew you were targeting easily influenced and not informed voters with your statement. Just was curious if you would also feel that way if they happened to more often than not vote the way of your party.

Though I might disagree agree that there aren't enough of them (older folks influenced by Facebook). But neither of us can produce those stats so no point in arguing that.

i do agree that easily influenced uninformed voters are an issue. Not one that will likely ever be solved though unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Just curious.. are you equally scared that grandma that believes everything she reads on Facebook gets to vote too?
                            I thought granny got pushed over a cliff

Comment

Marshall declared the winner much earlier than I anticipated (for whomever would be declared). Total votes also now more in line with where they should be....but it's still going to be a huge battle for the GOP to hold this seat, but easier than if Kobach had won, no doubt about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X