X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Starting?
    Good point
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I have been hearing all week our ICU beds are at capacity due to increased COVID cases only to learn today from the KDHE that only 51.1% of the state's ICU beds are even in use, and of that number, only 10.55% are being used by COVID patients.

So in the state of KS, only 5.39% of ICU beds are being used by COVID cases. Not quite the gloom and doom Mayor Whipple is shoveling is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
        I have been hearing all week our ICU beds are at capacity due to increased COVID cases only to learn today from the KDHE that only 51.1% of the state's ICU beds are even in use, and of that number, only 10.55% are being used by COVID patients.

So in the state of KS, only 5.39% of ICU beds are being used by COVID cases. Not quite the gloom and doom Mayor Whipple is shoveling is it?
        You seem surprised?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I’m wearing a mask as required, but will probably be staying home more and not supporting our local businesses. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get this out of my mind...

P.S. I’m a mask “fiddler”... and the darn things fog up my glasses.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            I’m wearing a mask as required, but will probably be staying home more and not supporting our local businesses. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get this out of my mind...

P.S. I’m a mask “fiddler”... and the darn things fog up my glasses.

Comment

I have been hearing all week our ICU beds are at capacity due to increased COVID cases only to learn today from the KDHE that only 51.1% of the state's ICU beds are even in use, and of that number, only 10.55% are being used by COVID patients.

The state is not Sedgwick county. An open bed in Hays or Kansas City doesn't help a patient in Wichita who needs one. I suggest you look at the Sedgwick county numbers and the stark change we've had in the past week. https://sedgwickcounty.maps.arcgis.c...15d52450acfe0d Talking to multiple ER doctors in Sedgwick county, it sounds like Whipple was actually optimistic relative to reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

The state is not Sedgwick county. An open bed in Hays or Kansas City doesn't help a patient in Wichita who needs one. I suggest you look at the Sedgwick county numbers and the stark change we've had in the past week. https://sedgwickcounty.maps.arcgis.c...15d52450acfe0d Talking to multiple ER doctors in Sedgwick county, it sounds like Whipple was actually optimistic relative to reality.
                Sedgwick county shows 27 ICU beds in use. Does that mean 27 total or 27 COVID patients? That makes a huge difference. Based on the link you provided it states Sedgwick county has 35 ICU beds out of a total of 1205 ICU beds in the state of KS. It seems odd to me that Sedgwick County has less than 3% of ICU beds in the state considering Sedgwick county makes up about 20% of the state's population and is one of the 2 or 3 major metropolitan areas of the state.

Comment

Sedgwick county shows 27 ICU beds in use. Does that mean 27 total or 27 COVID patients? That makes a huge difference. Based on the link you provided it states Sedgwick county has 35 ICU beds out of a total of 1205 ICU beds in the state of KS. It seems odd to me that Sedgwick County has less than 3% of ICU beds in the state considering Sedgwick county makes up about 20% of the state's population and is one of the 2 or 3 major metropolitan areas of the state.
                  Its' staffed beds. An empty bed doesn't care for itself. Second it's irrelevant how many are COVID related. We are about to have staffing and bed issues during a season when it wouldn't be expected. ICUs don't generally operate at 100% capacity nor should they.

Comment

Its' staffed beds. An empty bed doesn't care for itself. Second it's irrelevant how many are COVID related. We are about to have staffing and bed issues during a season when it wouldn't be expected. ICUs don't generally operate at 100% capacity nor should they.
                    Obviously, in an emergency they should hire some more people to care for those who need them. The only reason for that empty bed to exist is to be used in an emergency. If not for an emergency, what a waste of money and hospital space. No wonder we have high medical costs.

Comment

There are 35 ICU beds in Wichita that are staffed and equipped with a ventilator in a quarantined space dedicated to Covid. 27 of them are occupied. There are ~100 additional ICU beds in Wichita that are either not currently quarantined, not currently equipped with a vent, or not currently staffed. Within one day we can double the Covid ICU beds if needed.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-m...face-coverings

“We are asking everyone to do a better job practicing social distancing personal hygiene and, now, wearing face masks,” Republican Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey wrote in a Twitter thread explaining the move.

Alabama residents will be required to wear masks or face coverings “when in public and in close contact with other people” until July 31 at 5 p.m. They can be store-bought, homemade, or even improvised from commonly available materials as long as they cover one’s nostrils and mouth.
                        Thank you Republican governors!

T

Comment

• WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – What began as a seemingly routine city council meeting turned into a marathon session of public comment. In all, 121 members of the public spoke about the city mask ord…

Wichita City Council extends mask order after hearing hours of public comments

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – What began as a seemingly routine city council meeting turned into a marathon session of public comment.

In all, 121 members of the public spoke about the city mask ordinance. Most spoke against the mask ordinance.

Council members voted to keep a mask ordinance in play until October 21.

When the topic finally came to a vote, the council approved keeping the current mask order in place until whichever comes first – Oct. 21 or better coronavirus data (5% cases for 2 weeks and a green hospital status).
                          “Part of the reason I am here is after watching how it’s been handled, I’m not sure about how I feel about the leadership of our city right now,” said Daniel Rivera.

Rivera was one of the organizers of the so-called Freedom of Choice rally. The group is pushing to do away with the city mask mandate and make mask-wearing a choice.
                          Some threats were made by those addressing the council; however, none were identified as those taking part in the Freedom of Choice rally.

“We thought that you were moderate, but you’ve proven to be anything but,” said one man talking to the council. “So before you talk to me about my five minutes being up, you have to think about what’s going to happen when your five minutes are up.”
                          I've gotta imagine Whipple was thinking to himself the entire time... "These ****ing neanderthals..."

I wish I had been at this meeting. I would have liked to have talked with some of those making threats. Probably a good idea I didn't though as they'd have likely been high-risk for carrying the bug. When I would try to offer them reason and rational explanations backed up by science, they would likely start screaming and spitting in my face. I'd definitely need goggles for that consultation.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            https://www.ksn.com/news/health/coro...nce-extension/

I've gotta imagine Whipple was thinking to himself the entire time... "These ****ing neanderthals..."
                            What did you say to him?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

What did you say to him?
                              I don't follow...

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

What did you say to him?
                                I think he IS him

Comment

Working...