Whipple and the Wichita Mask Ordinance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    So my wife has a friend that took her entire family to go get tested a week or two ago. They filled out the paperwork and stood in line for a looong time before eventually giving up because not only was the line super long, each person was taking forever. They were just doing it out of caution, so no big deal to just skip out and leave.

5 days later they get a phone call and are told that all five of them are positive.
    Are you saying they were all given positive results after not taking a test?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Are you saying they were all given positive results after not taking a test?
      Yes.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yes.
        Well that's fabulous.

Must. Trust. The. Maths.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Well that's fabulous.

Must. Trust. The. Maths.
          How can that even happen if there is any integrity at all?

Comment

I think you just answered your own question.

Comment

So my wife has a friend that took her entire family to go get tested a week or two ago. They filled out the paperwork and stood in line for a looong time before eventually giving up because not only was the line super long, each person was taking forever. They were just doing it out of caution, so no big deal to just skip out and leave.

5 days later they get a phone call and are told that all five of them are positive.
              We are not testing well around these parts.

The guy who is supposed to do some work for me was tested last Thursday. They still don't have his results. He is going to get tested again tomorrow somewhere. This is a dude that MUST get tested as he's a barfly who doesn't give AF.

One of the people from the cluster I was talking about in the Covid thread was able to get tested with results in 48 hrs. It's all in who you know apparently.

We have a massive outbreak in this city right now.

That's good and that's bad.

Actually... I don't know why that would be good. Herd immunity? That's gonna kill a LOT of mofos. The antibodies are suspect, viral dormancy, pos/neg/pos/neg, etc. I don't wanna talk about it.

*sigh*

I'm mentally fatigued. I just wanna go hang out with my buddies at the brewery and get sauced.

Covid has disrupted my romantic life as well... obviously.

This needs to end...

T

Comment

• I’ll just put this here versus the Covid-19 thread...

‘It’s alarming,’ Sedgwick County officials see uptick in suicide attempts

The pandemic has caused a new stress for many, including mental and emotional worry and officials said that has lead to an increase in suicide attempts and calls in Sedgwick County.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yes.
                  Oh, I didn't get that when I read your post. That's gonna give Deniers Inc. some serious hardon fuel for a while.

It's fools gold though as I will bet everything I have in the bank that there are FAR more positive cases in Wichita than are recorded on the books. Hell... I know 7 right now.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    I’ll just put this here versus the Covid-19 thread...

The pandemic has caused a new stress for many, including mental and emotional worry and officials said that has lead to an increase in suicide attempts and calls in Sedgwick County.

It's a tough time for everyone brother. Doesn't matter if you're into science, conspiracy theories, Communism, Conservatism, or Donald Trump... every group is under stress. Nobody is laughing or celebrating. And we have a presidential election right around the corner. This country is a tinderbox.

Then again, did you know we were fighting World War I during the Spanish Flu? I guess it could get worse...

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Oh, I didn't get that when I read your post. That's gonna give Deniers Inc. some serious hardon fuel for a while.

It's fools gold though as I will bet everything I have in the bank that there are FAR more positive cases in Wichita than are recorded on the books. Hell... I know 7 right now.
                      Only sick people should be tested. Price controls and hysteria are causing abuse and shortages in test lab resources -- which in turn is delaying actually sick people from getting the results they need quickly and others from getting reliable results at all.

Comment

Only sick people should be tested. Price controls and hysteria are causing abuse and shortages in test lab resources -- which in turn is delaying actually sick people from getting the results they need quickly and others from getting reliable results at all.
                        I agree.

The idea behind testing everybody was to hopefully track the asymptomatics.

Our testing is a mess.

I'm not convinced that free societies do well during pandemics. It takes welding kits and armed guards to stop something like this. Otherwise you've just gotta let people die en masse.

T

Comment

And you wonder why nobody trusts the government.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            I’ll just put this here versus the Covid-19 thread...

Those lives aren't important. Only covid-infected lives and black ones.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Just texted my Covid cluster friend and reminded them to call the contact tracers and cooperate. This is the response I received: "The health dept. called ***** after she came up positive and told her that she needs to call up everybody she's been in contact with over the last 5 days."

So yup! That's our government "putting out the fires whenever they flare up" right there. It's up to you to tell all your friends that you might have infected them with Covid. I would assume that 90% of people will not face that level of embarrassment.

We're going for herd immunity folks. I hope our government knows something we don't know and the virus has weakened or something. Otherwise it's going to be full morgues from now until Christmas time.

T

Comment

• Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X