Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boogaloo

From the Department of homeland security:

”Another work of fiction by @politico. The @DHSgov intel bulletin does NOT identify the Boogaloo movement as left-wing OR right-wing. They are simply violent extremists from both ends of the ideological spectrum.”

I too have wondered why some outlets are claiming that the boogaloo movement is right wing. Killing cops does not seem right wing to me. While I can see where extreme Alt-Right is racist; I do not see attacks on cops as being anything other than extreme anti fascist.
    Livin the dream

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    From the Department of homeland security:

”Another work of fiction by @politico. The @DHSgov intel bulletin does NOT identify the Boogaloo movement as left-wing OR right-wing. They are simply violent extremists from both ends of the ideological spectrum.”

I too have wondered why some outlets are claiming that the boogaloo movement is right wing. Killing cops does not seem right wing to me. While I can see where extreme Alt-Right is racist; I do not see attacks on cops as being anything other than extreme anti fascist.
    Timothy McVeigh would beg to differ.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

He definitely would have supported something as radical, and stupid, as defunding the police and the acab movement. Same ideology. Good catch.

He probably was anti free speech to. No? Like obama he was just 20 years too early...

Comment

You are mis-interpreting Timothy McVeigh, his beliefs, and ideals. Timothy was not anti-police at all. He was not anti-local or state government. He was anti-federal government, anti-federal government power, and federal government over reach. His viewpoint was that the federal government and their power was going against the Constitution and the Rights of People. That's why he bombed the federal building.

A Gulf War veteran, McVeigh sought revenge against the federal government for the 1993 Waco siege that ended in the deaths of 86 people, many of whom were children, as well as the 1992 Ruby Ridge incident and American foreign policy. He hoped to inspire a revolution against the federal government, and defended the bombing as a legitimate tactic against what he saw as a tyrannical government.[7] He was arrested shortly after the bombing and indicted on 160 state offenses and 11 federal offenses, including the use of a weapon of mass destruction.

He also saw the violence in the Gulf War which probably changed him.

Police and law enforcement is largely a local issue although public safety can become a federal issue if local governments cannot handle it and request help.
        Last edited by Shockm; June 25, 2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

McVeigh was certainly right wing and would fit the boogaloo movement for sure. I also see McVeigh as being anti fascist (not AntiFa). I agree with homeland security, unless/until I see more evidence, that boogaloo is not strictly right wing nor strictly left wing.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
          X