Washington Monuments - They need to be ripped down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Toppled a statue of US Grant last night.
    I'm so pissed about the pharoah being a Jewish slave-holder that I HAD to topple the statue of Moses!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hyde Park in Derby last weekend, watch grandaughter's team play bad softball. Just inside the gate, up on one of them ped-DEST-il's was a statue of a small girl holding a bat. It was obviously sexist, but I resisted the urge to tear it down.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Hyde Park in Derby last weekend, watch grandaughter's team play bad softball. Just inside the gate, up on one of them ped-DEST-il's was a statue of a small girl holding a bat. It was obviously sexist, but I resisted the urge to tear it down.
        We lost to Hooper's team out of Valley Center. They are really good. He named them the Shockers

Comment

Last night, During a rally in New Mexico to tear down the statue of a conquistador. A group of open carry counter protestors were trying to defend the statue. After a brief but heated scuffle, the open carry protestors (calling themselves the Civil Guard) began leaving the scene.

While the unnamed rallyers were attempting to tear down the statue, several of them broke away from the group and began beating on one of the Civil Guard. This guy unholstered his pistol, and with it pointed at the ground, backed away And said to stop. Three guys jumped him and someone shouted, “we are going to kill you”. He shot one of them, and that man later died.

The mayor and the governor have stated that the Civil Guard will be prosecuted as a hate group.

I do not know what the Civil Gaurd stands for, but I encourage you to check out the video. There is not a clearer justification of lethal self defense which I have ever seen.

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/st...537854465?s=21
          The guy that did the shooting doesn't appear to be part of the Civil Guard. The Civil Guard apparently detained the shooter until they were all arrested by Albuquerque police.

10 years ago I would have been confident that all of this would play out the way it should and charges would be dropped based on the evidence. Today, I have no confidence in justice being served. The Democrat Mayor has said the shooter was a right wing instigator trying to uphold white supremacy even though he was clearly attacked with a skateboard (by the shooting victim), tackled, punched and kicked while retreating. The mob even said they were going to kill him. We need to see what occurred prior to the violent mob threatening the shooter and attacking him, but I agree that I have never seen a clearer case of self defense than that video.

As far as the Civil Guard, their leader stated that he wasn't even against the statue being removed, but he said the statue is city or state property on public land. The proper way to remove a statue is to have a vote on the matter and then have it removed. Once the rioters placed a chain around the neck of the statue he instructed the Civil Guard to retreat because the crowd was obviously intent on breaking the law.
          Last edited by shockfan89_; June 24, 2020, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post

The guy that did the shooting doesn't appear to be part of the Civil Guard. The Civil Guard apparently detained the shooter until they were all arrested by Albuquerque police.

10 years ago I would have been confident that all of this would play out the way it should and charges would be dropped based on the evidence. Today, I have no confidence in justice being served. The Democrat Mayor has said the shooter was a right wing instigator trying to uphold white supremacy even though he was clearly attacked with a skateboard (by the shooting victim), tackled, punched and kicked while retreating. The mob even said they were going to kill him. We need to see what occurred prior to the violent mob threatening the shooter and attacking him, but I agree that I have never seen a clearer case of self defense than that video.

As far as the Civil Guard, their leader stated that he wasn't even against the statue being removed, but he said the statue is city or state property on public land. The proper way to remove a statue is to have a vote on the matter and then have it removed. Once the rioters placed a chain around the neck of the statue he instructed the Civil Guard to retreat because the crowd was obviously intent on breaking the law.
            Around the country Mayor's are doing their part to abolish the Electoral College, one deplorable at a time. If successful, that would basically be the end of the Republic. NYC and LA would establish what is, and what isn't, in the Nation's best interests... The last 3 weeks have been a bit of a dry run.

Isn't AOC a member of biden's staff?

Comment

How long until Mt Rushmore is under attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                I say if you are in favor of removing a statue, then you have to also give every dollar you ever have with that statues likeness on it back to the government. Do not accept racism on your $1, $5, and $50 bills!
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  The monument built on land stolen from the Sioux in one of the hundreds of treaty violations committed by the U.S. over the past centuries; land which the Supreme Court upheld as theirs in 1980 in a bipartisan ruling?

There’s reasonable arguments regarding monuments of our Presidents. This isn’t one of them.

Comment

I say if you are in favor of removing a statue, then you have to also give every dollar you ever have with that statues likeness on it back to the government. Do not accept racism on your $1, $5, and $50 bills!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerWalkon View Post

The monument built on land stolen from the Sioux in one of the hundreds of treaty violations committed by the U.S. over the past centuries; land which the Supreme Court upheld as theirs in 1980 in a bipartisan ruling?

There’s reasonable arguments regarding monuments of our Presidents. This isn’t one of them.
                      What’s your argument? I’m lost.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerWalkon View Post

You sound like an expert, go on ...

Comment

Working...
                        X