Ahmaud Arbery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Please read my above post to wufan . It will answer the reason the 2 came in contact with each other. Once contact was made (by the son's doing), yes, there was a struggle and punches thrown. They continued to struggle in front of the truck until they were on the righthand side of the truck where shots were fired. HAD THE SON NOT COME AROUND THE FRONT OF THE PICKUP, THE TWO WOULD NOT HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH EACH OTHER. No?

I don't particularly care about the videos of him "snooping" around. He was in open site. There was no breaking and entering. No windows needed to be peeped through. Lastly, there was no time in the videos that he took anything. Minimal trespass at best which was by the words of a former AG of Georgia as NOT sufficient reason for a citizen's arrest. (Let me try this again) No?

I am not implying anywhere whether or not the people knew or did not know of the prior videos. I can make a guess that Mr. McMichael felt he had reason to stop him due to prior knowledge of incident(s), which were not materially relevant to this particular incident as Arbery did not have anything stolen on him, visible or otherwise.

Lastly, I have no idea what was in the mind of the McMichaels. I have a pretty good guess of what Arbery may have had in his mind, however, and there is definitely precedence for that thinking. (One more time) No? What is your contention?

Add: I'm not trying to take a "side", but merely trying to look at the facts in the order that they happened. While I may not like it, I should not let any past history of Arbery's get in the way of what I see as actually happening.
    I've not made any claims of who was right and who was wrong as well. There are 2 sides to this story, as there always is when these things happen. I've made no conjecture of guilt, or innocence, yet...

As far as evidence goes, the local authorities appeared to believe there was a enough not to convict a few months ago. That evidence apparently was more than just "some person was just innocently 'jogging' down the road, so we felt like chasing him in cold blood."

You don't know what was in Arbery's mind. No offense 'Talk, that's just the truth. The MSM told us the kid was just out harmlessly jogging. Do you think maybe he was running, er jogging, because when he walked out of the house he saw the neighbor on his cellie? And if so, would that raise suspicion possibly? Yes, it would. Does that mean he deserved to be gunned down? No? Was it self-defense? Hard to say... Arbrey was clearly throwing punches before he got shot. Tragic case either way. No need to politicize it. Not implying you are by the way.
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 12, 2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Proving that Arbery was committing a felony, is a high bar in this case and imo, a stupid risk to take to arrest another person. I'm not sure I like citizens arresting each other except in obvious and extreme circumstances. Taking a video of what is happening with a phone, calling the police, and following him as far as they can until police arrive is as far as I think they should go. It would have looked better if the father, who was a former policemen was the aggressor instead of what appears to me to be a "hothead" son. Appearances do tend to show a possible "redneck" son in this case.
      That’s just racist!
      Livin the dream

Comment

Here’s another really good video that breaks down the legalities/illegalities of the case.

Some things I learned:

Arbery was well within jogging distance of his home.

You don’t have to have imminent knowledge of a felony to execute a citizens arrest.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Officer Tatum has an updated video after more info has come out.

UPDATES in AHMAUD ARBERY'S CASE ARE DISTURBINGMy Website https://theofficertatum.com/Shop Nowhttps://theofficertatumstore.com/Bookinghttps://theofficertatum....
          There was a lot more in Tatum's videos than I found. I think wufan commented he had seen Arbery attack McMichael. I should have asked him for a link to that video. Arbery appears to have had a choice to which direction he was to take. Again, I don't know what was in his mind. Maybe he feared turning his back and running. Maybe he choose poorly to rush at the armed McMichael and had nothing to fear if he had turned away. No way I could be in either Arbury's or McMichael's shoes. I'm not a black or live in Georgia or would challenge someone with a perceived threat from a gun who is not a threat to anyone else.

Tatum showed a lot more and had a lot more information in this video. I will take his advice and make no judgement at this time. My apologies to both wufan and ShockingButTrue for a rush to my opinion. I still question people's thinking in walking around with long guns in public.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

There was a lot more in Tatum's videos than I found. I think wufan commented he had seen Arbery attack McMichael. I should have asked him for a link to that video. Arbery appears to have had a choice to which direction he was to take. Again, I don't know what was in his mind. Maybe he feared turning his back and running. Maybe he choose poorly to rush at the armed McMichael and had nothing to fear if he had turned away. No way I could be in either Arbury's or McMichael's shoes. I'm not a black or live in Georgia or would challenge someone with a perceived threat from a gun who is not a threat to anyone else.

Tatum showed a lot more and had a lot more information in this video. I will take his advice and make no judgement at this time. My apologies to both wufan and ShockingButTrue for a rush to my opinion. I still question people's thinking in walking around with long guns in public.
            Dude, this ones tough. I feel that it was selected to be propelled to the top of the media because it’s tough. There’s only one video of the shooting (though not all show the whole video). In my viewing, the ? Shaped route Arbery takes around the truck is in an attempt to subdue McMichael. McMichael went from driver side of truck to in front of truck (though still drivers side front). Arbery HAD to purposely move towards McMichael with the intent of disarming him.
            Last edited by wufan; May 12, 2020, 06:00 PM.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Dude, this ones tough. I feel that it was selected to be propelled to the top of the media because it’s tough. There’s only one video of the shooting (though not all show the whole video). In my viewing, the ? Shaped route McMichael takes around the truck is in an attempt to subdue McMichael. McMichael went from driver side of truck to in front of truck (though still drivers side front). Arbery HAD to purposely move towards McMichael with the intent of disarming him.
              I agree with your Arbery's purpose, I just cannot figure out what he thought he would do after that. The dad is still in the bed of the truck (with a weapon?). I did note that the dad did not use force to attempt to stop Arbery when he originally ran on the left side of the truck.

Showing the video in piecemeal fashion is also disturbing to me. Like cutting out the section when Arbery turned to be the aggressor in front of the truck.

Comment

In my viewing, the ? Shaped route McMichael takes around the truck is in an attempt to subdue McMichael. McMichael went from driver side of truck to in front of truck (though still drivers side front). Arbery HAD to purposely move towards McMichael with the intent of disarming him.
                Cannot see any other way to interpret it.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Cannot see any other way to interpret it.
                  Reading my quote, I feel it was or could be misinterpreted. Apologies. I meant that was Arbery’s intent, not his only option. I’m not saying he was wrong, just describing intent.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Reading my quote, I feel it was or could be misinterpreted. Apologies. I meant that was Arbery’s intent, not his only option. I’m not saying he was wrong, just describing intent.
                    Oh for sure.

The original DA on the case reported Arbrey was pursued with "first hand probable cause, and asking/telling him to stop. From the video it appears Arbrey abruptly turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks McMichael. From there Arbrey appears to strike McMichael and attempt to take the gun." So that's the original official conclusion, not mine.

The MSM turned it into some innocent person jogging down the road in broad daylight was attacked by two white men, for no apparent reason. That's irresponsible reporting. But unfortunately in the #Resist era we now are in, deeper than anyone would really admit, one would be safer trusting Slick Willy than the MSM, but that's a different debate. It's titillation for itching ears. As the saying goes; can't trust it...

Comment

No evidence has come out recently. Arbery was seen breaking in to multiple places and when confronted, he said he was just jogging. One such instance was caught on video.

Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                      X