Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House of Representatives aren't Essential Workers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of Representatives aren't Essential Workers?

The Senate is going back to work next week, but the House won't. Nancy Pelosi claims the doctors aren't giving them the green light but wouldn't Congress be essential?

Well they kind of have a point ...
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, the less time they spend on Capitol Hill, the less of my money they can spend.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

To be fair, there are a bunch of high risk folks in Congress. I almost always think Pelosi is a moron but she and many of her cohorts probably should be self isolating at this point.....and retire.

On both sides of the aisle.

Comment

Shouldn’t they have a foreign relations committee that meets to rise up against China’s part in the current pandemic? There is a long tradition of our Congress meeting in person. They met in person during the Spanish flu pandemic. Are our democrats too good to meet in person in 2020?

Comment

After telling everyone not to worry in February and March, they want to social distance now. #we’re all in this together or something.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              Shouldn’t they have a foreign relations committee that meets to rise up against China’s part in the current pandemic? There is a long tradition of our Congress meeting in person. They met in person during the Spanish flu pandemic. Are our democrats too good to meet in person in 2020?
              I suppose you are into tradition. Do you like to use a horse and buggy? Or perhaps ditch your cell phone for a crank telephone?

Or would you rather just go back to 1918 and watch your radio instead of your TV?

Seriously, if the technology is available to use and proper safeguards can be used, they should be. I'm sure you have a car and a cellphone, if you didn't people would think you were silly.

Heck, I'm working at home with what seems like all the other banksters in America, including JPMC, Citi and more. If all of the big banks in America can protect their IT equipment to the point where they are comfortable with managing the risks, it would certainly seem prudent and doable for our Congress.

Not only that, there may be a benefit in this. If your congresscritter is at home, then they might actually pay more attention to what their constituents think, since they are in the middle of their community and not in Washington.

Comment

Nancy Pelosi lives here! Pelosi, the American Democratic Party politician currently serving as Speaker of the United States House of Representatives since January 2019, currently calls this place home. The first woman in U.S. history to hold this position, Pelosi is the highest-ranking female elected official in United States history. As Speaker of the House, she is second in the presidential line of succession, immediately after the vice president. As of 2019, Pelosi is in her 17th term. She represents California's 12th congressional district.

On average Senators makes $174,000 per year. As Speaker of House Nancy's salary is boosted to $223,500. And all Senators receive a small write off for D.C. living expenses and travel. They also receive full life, insurance and retirement benefits, but this doesn’t account for her huge net worth.

Her husband Paul Pelosi has a massive net worth. In 2009 Paul spent $10 million to buy the Oakland Invaders United Football League team. The team, which was soon relocated and renamed the Sacramento Mountain Lions, was eventually shut down. Paul owns huge stakes in companies like Apple, Disney, Comcast, Facebook, and others. He owns a venture capital firm which has made some solid predictions, and even better investments. Such is the life of an average Pelosi.

Yes, I"m sure with this house and the wall around it, she is spending time with her constituents.
                Last edited by Shockm; April 30, 2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Nancy Pelosi lives here! Pelosi, the American Democratic Party politician currently serving as Speaker of the United States House of Representatives since January 2019, currently calls this place home. The first woman in U.S. history to hold this position, Pelosi is the highest-ranking female elected official in United States history. As Speaker of the House, she is second in the presidential line of succession, immediately after the vice president. As of 2019, Pelosi is in her 17th term. She represents California's 12th congressional district.

On average Senators makes $174,000 per year. As Speaker of House Nancy's salary is boosted to $223,500. And all Senators receive a small write off for D.C. living expenses and travel. They also receive full life, insurance and retirement benefits, but this doesn’t account for her huge net worth.

Her husband Paul Pelosi has a massive net worth. In 2009 Paul spent $10 million to buy the Oakland Invaders United Football League team. The team, which was soon relocated and renamed the Sacramento Mountain Lions, was eventually shut down. Paul owns huge stakes in companies like Apple, Disney, Comcast, Facebook, and others. He owns a venture capital firm which has made some solid predictions, and even better investments. Such is the life of an average Pelosi.

Yes, I"m sure with this house and the wall around it, she is spending time with her constituents.
                  Nice try at deflection. Try to keep on point, if possible, but at least you're letting me know who I'm dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Nice try at deflection. Try to keep on point, if possible, but at least you're letting me know who I'm dealing with.
                    Talk about deflection. Asking me if I ride a horse and buggy. What a "tool" you are.

I think that the Congress should vote on bills going forward in person and "be the People's Congress". They spend a lot of money and going forward, with the amount of money already spent on this pandemic, they need to debate any spending bill they submit, and vote in person, not by unanimous consent as they did early in the pandemic . If "essential workers" can go to work and risk becoming ill, the "People's House" needs to be essential too.

As an aside, Pelosi is a lifelong member of Congress who doesn't do the people's bidding any longer. She is interested only in power and if we need term limits for elected people like her. She is a "billionaire" who imo, is only interested in "POWER". While she isn't the only one who has been in Congress too long, she is a "poster child" for term limits.

Comment

While she isn't the only one who has been in Congress too long, she is a "poster child" for term limits.
                      Two peas in a pod...

Maxine Waters' 'wig,' Pelosi's 'dentures,' and other questions ...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Talk about deflection. Asking me if I ride a horse and buggy. What a "tool" you are.

I think that the Congress should vote on bills going forward in person and "be the People's Congress". They spend a lot of money and going forward, with the amount of money already spent on this pandemic, they need to debate any spending bill they submit, and vote in person, not by unanimous consent as they did early in the pandemic . If "essential workers" can go to work and risk becoming ill, the "People's House" needs to be essential too.

As an aside, Pelosi is a lifelong member of Congress who doesn't do the people's bidding any longer. She is interested only in power and if we need term limits for elected people like her. She is a "billionaire" who imo, is only interested in "POWER". While she isn't the only one who has been in Congress too long, she is a "poster child" for term limits.
                        You do know they could vote securely and remotely, don't you? And debate as well.

As for the rest of your message, all I have to say is PS: Mitch McConnell, too.

Comment

You do know they could vote securely and remotely, don't you? And debate as well.

As for the rest of your message, all I have to say is PS: Mitch McConnell, too.
                          Agree on Mitch McConnell.

I dont think that effective debate can be done on Important issues remotely. And important committee work with witnesses can’t be done on ZOOM. Some things need to be done in person and if the Senate can meet in Washington, the House can too.

Maybe Biden can be successful running for President in his Basement, but the Congress should meet in Washington DC.

Comment

Agree on Mitch McConnell.

I dont think that effective debate can be done on Important issues remotely. And important committee work with witnesses can’t be done on ZOOM. Some things need to be done in person and if the Senate can meet in Washington, the House can too.

Maybe Biden can be successful running for President in his Basement, but the Congress should meet in Washington DC.
                            So we found TWO things we agree on today :)

Comment

So we found TWO things we agree on today :)
                              Is one of them that Biden should stay in his basement? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X