Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Iran Just Hand Us the Reason to Take Out their Nuclear Sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Iran Just Hand Us the Reason to Take Out their Nuclear Sites?

“Britain has closed its embassy in Tehran, withdrawn all its diplomats, and ordered all Iranian diplomats out of the country. Norway also shuts its embassy and Germany is recalling its ambassador. Other European nations may follow.”

Whatcha think?

Personally, it’s hard to imagine them giving us this opportunity. In actuality, they just attacked the sovereign territory of Great Britain. Iran’s arrogance and rashness might have just very well played right into our hands. I would not be surprised if a joint US/British task force (leaving Israel out of it) takes out Iran’s nuclear plants within a matter of days to weeks.

And the beauty of this is we have a multitude number of options to accomplish this task, several of which do not risk the life of a single American or British military person.

Whether or not the decision to notify Iran in advance to vacate all sites prior to their ultimate destruction will be determined by which military option is chosen and will naturally rest with the President and the Prime Minister.

If there is a military action Iran could make life difficult for free and open societies. They are the #1 player in the Mid-East and they know it, which is why they act so brashly. It is feasible that the military situation in the region could escalate rapidly and with grave consequence. I am not advocating a passive or submissive approach to Iran merely stating that if it is our/the west's best interest to act at this time we, the American people need to be ready for prolonged situation.

I.O.T.N.V.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

DUShock, it may very well be heading toward one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't situations. But to take no action against Iran except threatening them with sanctions only feeds their ingrained concept that the West will continue to show weakness whenever directly challenged. There comes a time when you've got to knock the school yard bully on his *** and it would certainly be a lot safer for all concerned if it is accomplished prior to Iran obtaining nuclear weapons.

From articles that I have been privy too, except for perhaps Syria, there isn't a country in the ME that wouldn't secretly rejoice at seeing Iran smacked down a couple of notches, or more.

Comment

I agree and Persians are not Arabs, which helps.

Comment

Seems to me something is going on in Iran. A lot of strange explosions - and I have not been persuaded the Israelis have what it takes to extirpate the nuke project. It doesn't matter all that much anyway - the leadership of Iran must change. It’s the nature of the regime that’s the problem, and when the mullahs are overthrown I’d bet that the new regime would give up work on the bomb. To that end, covert action is actually preferable to overt attacks because it doesn’t engender a patriotic reaction, leading even those who hate the scum ruling them, but are proud Iranian nationalists, to rally around the flag, as it were. So, let the mysterious explosions, unexplained automobile accidents, and insidious computer viruses continue.

Comment

Maybe it's Russia destroying their own equipment so they can sell them some new stuff?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Maybe it's Russia destroying their own equipment so they can sell them some new stuff?
              I wouldn't put it past Putin.

Comment

Or perhaps the Russians just don't want the embarrassment of once again seeing their equipment totally shown up for it's inferior quality as it was in both Golf encounters.

Comment

Muahaha

One thing is for sure. The white devil is gonna find a way to screw them somehow.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Spy Drone

The pic of the drone the Irainians claim to have "shot down" appears to be in remarkably good shape for having been shot down from an extreme altitude. Skuttlebutt has it that there was a GPS error or a hack which essentially directed the drone to land safely at an IAF airfield. Interesting.

I.O.T.N.V.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The fact that the drone was not badly damaged is not good news. My understanding is that the more advanced drones have the ability to be destroyed in flight, but it takes approval from up high. If so, somebody erred and blew it bigtime.

Comment

This is old tech, telemetry & vid is the damage. If true, it's a "oh, shotzki" moment.

Comment

The story I read was that once the drone loses contact with it controller it will self-land it self. The U.S. knew where it was and contemplated sending a team in to destroy it or bring a airstrike but were concerned that if detected would possibly become a international incident and start hostilities.

If you look at the pictures they provide, they seem to be trying to hide the underside, which to me means when it landed it got tore up (which you might expected for self-landing) Of course if the Iranians really had control of it they would have landed it so it wouldn't get tore up.

Comment

More questions than answers,...

Comment

Working...
                            X