Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jabali and Kapernick

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    Sorry I don't understand the point you are trying to make. I know very little about the childhood history of Warren Armstrong Jabali or Colin Kapernick. In any event, I dont beleve their childhood history is relevant or significant.
    You don’t know much about their childhood? You were just told. You don’t believe it’s relevant, yet you don’t know...yet you were just told? Your utter lack of history and denial of relevant information demonstrates profound intentional denial and ignorance. The reason it’s important is because Jabali was discriminated against by the government. He had nothing and was given little opportunity. He had to overcome hardship. Kapernick is, “passing” as the progressives like to say. He was born into the greatest privledge of all...wealth. He acted like a spoiled brat and conflated a false premise with actual racism.

Both protested racial injustice treatment within this country.
    One protested demonstrated racism and injustice. The other prtotested a progressive false narrative.

Both protested by utilizing free speech which is a guarantee under the U.S. Constitution.
    Free speech is guaranteed by the government, not your employer. Kapernick could have chosen a protected place to protest. Kapernick risked losing his job. Jabali risked being beaten and arrested!

Both protested in a non-violent manner.
    Fair enough.

Both were retaliated against by the establishment and good old boy network in this country.
    I guess I’d like you to expand on this.

Both paid a price for being outspoken on these issues.
    Fair enough.

Thus even though these two men grew up differently and at different times in our history, they have a lot in common. Each man risked everything and took a stand for what they believed in. That is a quality in my opinion that can be admired and respected.
    Both men were outspoken. One risked his job for a false narrative. One risked his life over inequality. Good values should only be respected if they are pointed at a correct target, and tactics matter.
    Last edited by wufan; September 28, 2019, 08:58 AM.
    Livin the dream

Thanks Wufan for responding; IMHO Warren and Kap have little in common regards addressing racism in the United States. Having lived near campus in the 1960's with Vern Miller policing the county, IMO Warren was exposing himself to the worst elements of racism.

Comment

Working...
    X