O Chirstmas Tree...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O Chirstmas Tree...

Obama adminstration has announced a 15% tax on Christmas trees to fund a new panel to promote the christmas tree industry.

I stay out of the politic debates, but just wanted to point out that the tax is 15 cents, not 15%. And it's taxed at the importer and producer level of the transacation.(but we all know cost is just shifted to the end user).

Just wanted to clarify that.

Carry on politics discussions that I avoid like the plague.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Actually I have seen both 15cents and 15% in the same story. Which probably says something about the state of present day journalism.

Comment

Link?

Comment

White House has decided to delay implementation of it and have the USDA revisit their decision.

I do find this whole story odd that the Christmas tree association who wanted this fee or tax (or whatever you want to call it) would ask the federal government collect it. It would seem that if the growers were really for this plan, they would willingly pay the fees straight to the association.

The 2nd thing - wouldn't the government in the end be promoting Christmas through the advertisement initiative to sell more Christmas trees? Or maybe they were going to try and market the pagan version? Or market as "the Christmas Tree - it is not only for Christmas"

Comment

Working...
          X