Open mic - Obama and Sarkozy trashing Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open mic - Obama and Sarkozy trashing Israel

Private conversation between Little Napoleon and the Messiah discussing Netanyahu. Reporters were asked to not leak any of the 3 minute private discussion that was on the open microphone, but the following has came out.

Originally posted by Sarkozy]"I cannot stand him. He is a liar." [/quote]

[quote="obama
    You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him every day!"

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said Obama's remarks, if true, are "indicative of policies of this administration toward Israel."
    "Israel is under more pressure and more danger than they've been since the '67 war, and that kind of comment is not helpful but indicative of the kind of policies toward Israel that this administration has been part of," McCain said, adding that the French have always been disdainful of the Israelis.
    Isn't being friendly and agreeing with the frogs and impeachable offense?

Comment

Nothing surprises me anymore considering the French and our acting president.

Comment

Let's do a little logic work:

If complaining about the current prime minster/president of a country = trashing that country

AND

You are currently complaining about Obama (the current president of the United States)

THEN

(Fill in the blank)
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

guess you need to type slower, I don't get it

Comment

So Obama and Sarkozy don’t like Bibi. I don’t this is too shocking, though it is good to have it confirmed. What is amazing is how the press corps apparently agreed to keep it quiet.

I suspect this won’t be the last we hear about this.

Microphones accidently left on after G20 meeting pick up private conversation between US, French presidents. Sarkozy admits he 'can't stand' Israeli premier. Obama: You're fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day!

Comment

seems Sarkozy has bigger problems

Half of the ‘Merkozy’ alliance now aspiring to run Europe by decree while swiftly running out of money both at home and abroad, Mr Sarkozy’s unnerves in ways both trivial and far more troubling.

At the less consequential end of the spectrum falls the soap opera of his private life, which has recently seen his third wife give birth to his fourth child. Soon after receiving a congratulatory gift from German Chancellor Angela Merkel he was heard publicly remarking on the apparently lacklustre progress of her diet, whilst at the same time being forced into a carefully worded denial that he spent 37,000 euros a night housing himself during last week’s abject G20 summit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                Let's do a little logic work:

If complaining about the current prime minster/president of a country = trashing that country

AND

You are currently complaining about Obama (the current president of the United States)

THEN

(Fill in the blank)
                Being an honored Shocker fan, certainly you realize that there is a world of difference between France and the United States, but very little difference between the two leaders of the aforementioned two countries. Plus, complaining about both presidents does not necessarily result in trashing both countries, except in the case of France. While on the other hand, it certainly should take into consideration perhaps the naivete and intelligence of the people in each country who voted for them.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  Being an honored Shocker fan, certainly you realize that there is a world of difference between France and the United States, but very little difference between the two leaders of the aforementioned two countries. Plus, complaining about both presidents does not necessarily result in trashing both countries, except in the case of France. While on the other hand, it certainly should take into consideration perhaps the naivete and intelligence of the people in each country who voted for them.
                  1. I'm not making any particular political statement, just demonstrating the logical issues of the thread title and contents.

2. Aristotelian logic doesn't allow for arbitrary exceptions to the principles put forward. If you don't like the implications of the logical conclusion of the statements presented, you don't get to get out of it by making up an exception.

Regardless of political position, I think we would all agree that understanding and following elementary logic would be a positive thing in political discourse. It just might force both sides to make more nuanced critiques of their opposition if they were held accountable for the logical inconsistencies of their broad stroke critical statements.

In other words, if you would like to complain about the President (which you have every right to do), it might be a good idea to not establish the criteria that complaining about a leader is the same as trashing the country that person is the leader of.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Except even before this incident, our fearful leader has shown he's not a friend of Israel.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

In other words, if you would like to complain about the President (which you have every right to do), it might be a good idea to not establish the criteria that complaining about a leader is the same as trashing the country that person is the leader of.
                      Have you looked at this country lately? As a country you must and are held accountable for the leaders you elect.

50 million

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        Have you looked at this country lately? As a country you must and are held accountable for the leaders you elect.

50 million
                        Well as long as you are fine with the headline "SB Shock trashes the United States" I have no problem. That is the logical conclusion of your premise, and so long as you own up to it, consistency is being maintained.

Comment

Well as long as you are fine with the headline "SB Shock trashes the United States" I have no problem. That is the logical conclusion of your premise, and so long as you own up to it, consistency is being maintained.
                          Not sure why you are unable to understand or comprehend the fact that when a leader of another country attack or show them disrespect to national leader of another country, that act will be perceived as a slight to the people he or her represents. It doesn't matter whether you like them or not, especially of someone you say is your friend.

Case in point:

The slurs against Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu voiced by French President Nicolas Sarkozy and US President Barack Obama after last week’s G20 summit were revealing as well as repugnant.

Outside the Jewish world, Sarkozy’s and Obama’s hateful, false statements about their ally provoked no outrage. Indeed, it took the media three days to even report their conversation. This indicates that Obama and Sarkozy aren’t alone in holding Israel to a double standard. They aren’t the only ones blaming Israel for the Palestinians’ bad behavior.

The Western media also holds Israel to a separate standard. Like Obama and Sarkozy, the media blame Israel and its elected leaders for the Palestinians’ duplicity. Like Obama and Sarkozy, the media blame Israel for failing to make their peace fantasies come true.

And that is the real message of the Obama- Sarkozy exchange last week. Through it we learn that blaming the Jews and the Jewish state for their enemies’ behavior is what passes for polite conversation among Western elites today.
                          Former PM receives suspended sentence, NIS 75,300 fine for breach of public trust.

As far as your second part - I'm fine with it regardless - as a nation we lost our way. Patriotism has become a form of idol worship in this nation anyway. Penn State students are a fine example of this.
                          Last edited by SB Shock; November 12, 2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X