Sedgwick County - Sanctuary County?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sedgwick County - Sanctuary County?

Glad to see our elected officials are diligent as well as educated on things they speak in public forums. Cheryl Helmer (Mulvane) labeled Wichita a sanctuary city in a town hall meeting. When asked why she thought that her response she said a constituent had sent her a map labeling Wichita as such and her house had been broken into twice. She said she would send a copy of the map to the media but had not or responded for such before going to print. She said she was unable to answer any more questions because her dog was in the car and needed to attend to it
    Last edited by pogo; July 5, 2019, 07:18 AM.

I don't follow local politics. Details needed!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Glad to see our elected officials are diligent as well as educated on things they speak in public forums. Cheryl Helmer (Mulvane) labeled Wichita a sanctuary city in a town hall meeting. When asked why she thought that her response she said a constituent had sent her a map labeling Wichita as such and her house had been broken into twice. She said she would send a copy of the map to the media but had not or responded for such before going to print. She said she was unable to answer any more questions because her dog was in the car and needed to attend to it
      I’m all the way up here in McPherson, so I may not be abreast of the local migrant problem in Wichita, but the framing of the statements from pogo make it sound like a manufactured crisis.
      Livin the dream

Comment

KWCH says that Sedgwick county is a sanctuary county. They even have a map.

Six Kansas counties with "sanctuary" status could lose state funding if a pair of proposed immigration bills passes in the state house.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure what the last statement by officials has to do with anything..."not a legal term but a political one". I don't think Trump, on a federal level, or the bill being introduced into the state house cares one way or the other.

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        KWCH says that Sedgwick county is a sanctuary county. They even have a map.

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Sa...412718483.html
        Does this mean that this one guy, the Sheriff, can decide on his own whether his city or county entity IS or IS NOT a sanctuary for illegals?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Does this mean that this one guy, the Sheriff, can decide on his own whether his city or county entity IS or IS NOT a sanctuary for illegals?
          It would appear so. Sheriff’s set the policy by which laws are inforced.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Butler and Harvey county are sanctuary counties in the state.

Updated 3/22/24: Map and list of sanctuary cities, counties, and state that are obstructing federal immigration enforcement.

Comment

Changing the name of the thread. This is sort of a "wow" moment for me.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Looks like the updated information provided by @SBShock has Sedgwick county as an allied with ICE.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                X