Kyle Korver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

That is a misstatement of what he wants or says. This is a common talking point of the right, and it's the way Tucker etc. are trying to convince people that asking for equality is somehow "racist."
    Asking for equality is not racist. I 100% believe in equality.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Apologies for back-to-back quoting you, but this argument drives me crazy. Let's assume you're right that racism is less of a problem than it has ever been. I'm not sure I totally agree or disagree with the assessment, but at a minimum it's less of a problem that it has been for MOST of the history of this country. Either way, let's give it to you.

We are also better able to treat cancer than we ever have been, does that mean we should stop trying to make progress on that front? Maybe clean water is more accessible than ever, does that mean we just stop worrying about Flint, Michigan?

Why would we ever say there's a "good enough" measure for racism that would justify shutting up people who try to make it better? And if we're going to determine it's "good enough," why should white folks be the ones who get to make that call?
      Your analogies are getting a little better.

Since 1964 discrimination has been outlawed in the United States of America. If it's proven someone has discriminated against you personally jd, because of the color of your skin, or race, or religion, they will pay a penalty. You assuredly agree with that. What more are you insinuating should be done?

... and blame FoxNews my a**. But not surprised you'd go there. Much to your chagrin maybe Tucker is the voice of many, rather than the other way around. Just like the President is (you know, concerns about illegal immigration). Speaking of which, it appears the President's civil rights, along with many others, were violated in the russia collusion delusion. Is that alright? Or did he have it comin', because he likes to grab 'em by the p****?
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 12, 2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• wufan
        wufan commented
        Editing a comment
        You got a little off topic there...

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        Grabbing 'em by the p****?

Wait isn't "woke" the past tense of wake? Like, a verb? How can someone BE "woke"? That would make "woke" a noun. I don't understand. What the hell does "woke" mean the way you guys are using it. And I ain't Googlin' it.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

It means “awake” to the way the world really is in the oppression olympics. It’s the opposite of red-pilled.

To be more just to both sides, woke means to reject western societal norms, whereas red-pilled means to reject progressive philosophy.
        Last edited by wufan; April 12, 2019, 09:01 PM.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Thanks, I have never heard of any of these terms. Red-pilled?! Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Wait isn't "woke" the past tense of wake? Like, a verb? How can someone BE "woke"? That would make "woke" a noun. I don't understand. What the hell does "woke" mean the way you guys are using it. And I ain't Googlin' it.
            The Urban Dictionary definitions as along these lines:

woke
            The act of being very pretentious about how much you care about a social issue.

For example: Yeah most people don't care about parking spaces for families with disabled pets. I wish they were woke like me.

Comment

Thanks, I have never heard of any of these terms. Red-pilled?! Crazy!
              Red pill and blue pill

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Yeah, I am familiar with The Matrix and the whole red pill/blue pill scene. Had no idea it had taken on some political meaning though. LMAO

Comment

Yeah, I am familiar with The Matrix and the whole red pill/blue pill scene. Had no idea it had taken on some political meaning though. LMAO

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LMAO!

Hey, look everyone! It appears that Cher's been watching Tucker. What else would make her change her mind? Oh, wait...

D4JmZ-fUcAE6xsK.jpg

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whoa! That'll get a few Hollywood types up in arms. Expect Cher will get the wraith of 3 VIEWers and SNL.

I would have thought that when Trump threw out the "send them to the sanctuary cities" line, the Dems might figure it out on their own that most of the illegals, if left to their own choice, would head to where they were "wanted" and safe from deportation. No need for Trump to send them there.

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                It means “awake” to the way the world really is in the oppression olympics. It’s the opposite of red-pilled.

To be more just to both sides, woke means to reject western societal norms, whereas red-pilled means to reject progressive philosophy.
                What's the go***** topic again? :boxing:

Comment

I'm going to say that if someone attended Creighton and wants to give an informal TED Talk on the subject of privilege, we should probably just let them have the floor. Their well of knowledge on the subject likely extends to infinity.

Comment

I mean if his middle name starts with a K, I would totally understand his guilt complex.

Comment

Working...
                    X