Fisker Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisker Obama

Vice President Joe Biden in 2009- “I believe we can lead the world in automobile manufacturing for the next century.” “It’s a bad bet to bet against America!” The cars that we build here are truly going to be the cars of the future.
    With the approval of the Obama administration, an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work. Vice President Joseph Biden heralded the Energy Department's $529 million loan to the start-up electric car company called Fisker as a bright new path to thousands of American manufacturing jobs. But two years after the loan was announced, the company's manufacturing jobs are still limited to the assembly of the flashy electric Fisker Karma sports car in Finland.

With the approval of the Obama administration, an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work.

I'm not surprised
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm thinking out loud here. If that company really did say, and mean, "facility", then the inference I would take is that the facilities in the US equipped and capable are already in use. So they found one in Finland which would tell me that some other company already failed over there, making that facility and workforce available.

If my analysis (a generous word given the lack of info) is in the ballpark, I would surmise that the US would be a better place to build a new facility as long as there are workers available. Of course, there may not be if they are already working for GM, Ford, Tesla, et. al.

Comment

Working...
      X