Jussie Smollett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jussie Smollett

All charges have been dropped. Hannity called it weeks ago. Had this been a conservative prank they'd be looking at 10-20.

The stunning decision by the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office to drop all 16 felony charges against “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett in his alleged hate crime hoax is “almost unheard of,” Judge Andrew Napolitano said Tuesday.

This is gonna set a very fine precedent. The bleach, ropes, and Subway sandwiches are gonna be flyin' off the shelves all over America now!!!11

T

...:cool:

This is an interesting break in the culture war.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Even ultra liberal Rahm Emmanuel is very displeased about charges being dropped. As are the Chicago police union.

These false reports should be taken seriously regardless of race, gender, sexual preference, political affiliation or anything else. If they are not, it will only make things worse and does a major disservice to actual victims.
      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

The scary thing is that these 2 MAGA psychos are still on the loose!!
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          The scary thing is that these 2 MAGA psychos are still on the loose!!
          Unfortunately, in the end, to a lot of people, it's a WHOLE LOT MORE than just 2, if you catch my drift.

Comment

for the attornies on the board, how does this affect precedent ... future case law?

Comment

Don't know, but I was thinking about getting assaulted by some chap-wearing lesbians next week.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Don't know, but I was thinking about getting assaulted by some chap-wearing lesbians next week.
                I call BS on that. You should try something you don't get at home Wu.

Comment

Manhattan PD (or KSU PD?) did the same thing, effectively, with a couple of false flag hate crime reports up at K-State. Been within the past couple of years, one right after the other. No charges were filed for making a false statement, or whatever legalese it is.

Our culture, to include the justice system, is basically incentivizing this sort of terrifically incendiary behavior by not bringing the rule of law down upon the head of offenders.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                    for the attornies on the board, how does this affect precedent ... future case law?
                    It does not.

Comment

NVM. Not worth going down this rabbit hole.
                      Last edited by Shock Top; April 1, 2019, 12:05 PM.
                      The Assman

Comment

I've just seen some headlines......protests on both side. Can someone tell me what opposing sides those could be?

Comment

The Big Lie continues.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I've just seen some headlines......protests on both side. Can someone tell me what opposing sides those could be?
                            It's my understanding that no one is really on Smollett's "side" in the protests. As far as I've seen, it's the (for convenience sake) pro-police side saying this is a total sham and then it's the (again, for convenience sake) anti-police side saying that this is all a political charade because no one on the pro-police side was protesting over illegal shootings by cops.

Source: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...401-story.html

Comment

• WuDrWu
                              WuDrWu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Many thanks, especially for the (much needed) dumbing it down for me. Seriously, that was perfect. I will let knuckleheads be knuckleheads and pay attention elsewhere.
                          Working...
                          X