• Show
Clear All

• George Herbert Walker Bush

Rest in Peace Mr. President.

George H.W. Bush, 41st president of the United States, dies at 94

Comment

Sad day. He was good guy.

Comment

What was sad was how his medical staff fought to extend his "life" a few extra years. Watching him being wheeled around in an inanimate state with his mouth permanently fixed in a gaping position was disturbing. Considering he voted for Crooked Hillary Clinton (and the destruction of America), I'm going to say his time of death was at least two years prior...

T

...:cool:

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          "Boo!"

I'm sorry Wufan, but a vote for Hillary, or a vote to create BumCare (McCain), are considered enemy actions by this poster. It breaks my heart really but both people were Rhinos through and through.

His son barely gets a pass. While his no-vote essentially equates to the same thing in the end, it takes a special kind of sickness for a "Republican" to actually pull the level for a Hillary. A special kind of sickness...

With everything at stake in the Supreme Court, it's 100% a case of putting your personal grievances ahead of the country you've served for decades.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7

Probably my favorite spiritual passage of all time.

T

• wufan
          wufan commented
          Editing a comment
          No issues with your grievances. They aren’t worth belittling a fine man over, however; especially as others mourn. Poor taste.

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're mourning wufan, I apologize. Otherwise, I wasn't planning on showing up at the bloke's wake and slapping everybody in the nuts. This is a message board and I was not feeling like riding the groupthink wave. Do I ever?

And poor taste is my middle name. Remember who you're talking to...

This is a message board.

T

Random info probably only interesting to me:

I think this now puts us at five living Presidents. Jimmy Carter isn’t young, so he won’t be around much longer (relatively speaking). I got to thinking about how this compares to other times of a small amount of them left.

Starting with JFK’s death, there was a run of several over the next decade, losing JFK, Hoover, Eisenhower, Truman, and finally LBJ. When LBJ died in January 1973, for about a year and a half, the only living President was the current one, Richard Nixon.
        78-65

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          President Carter is an outlier for sure. Unless they were lying, he had cancer of the liver at 90, and it had spread. And generally, you aren't going to treat cancer successfully at that age, you work for comfort although I'm sure ex-Presidents command a slightly different course of treatment than the average citizen. at 94 he too has to be close to borrowed time although as long as he's comfortable, that's all that matters.

Had the privilege of meeting GHWB during his 1991 trip to the Netherlands (three small US Flags received during this trip on my desk as I type). He was a very personable and genuine individual - a true patriot.

Comment

Rest in peace, President Bush!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Carter and Bush1 are/were absolutely phenomenal human beings. The type of character we have somehow lost in elected officials today.

Now their prowess as leaders of the free world on the other hand...

Comment

Whether you hate him or like him (I dare not say love), Trump has been a divining rod with respect to separating the career politicians from those that truly care about the future of this country. I'm speaking specifically to his willingness to appoint conservative judges. Every other action in his presidency is up for debate. But if you are a conservative, you know that the endgame is the Federal and Supreme court of which Trump has been dutiful.

GHWB called Trump a "blowhard" and an egotist. That was his reasoning behind casting a vote for the ultimate enemy of freedom. I had the memory of his heinous action successfully wiped until I read it again in an article about his passing. Now I get to suffer the confoundment and dismay all over again.

T

Comment

• Shocker1976
                Shocker1976 commented
                Editing a comment
                I too think Trump is a "blowhard and an egotist"; I don't know if that was GHWB's reasoning regards his vote for the despicable Criminal.

I am of the opinion that while GHWB was a kind and humane man, he was at the end of the day a member of the elite ruling political class. IMHO his loyalty lay with the elite within the beltway even to the end of his life. But he was a true patriot and loyal to the United States!

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              GHWB called Trump a "blowhard" and an egotist. That was his reasoning behind casting a vote for the ultimate enemy of freedom. I had the memory of his heinous action successfully wiped until I read it again in an article about his passing. Now I get to suffer the confoundment and dismay all over again.
              You are reasonable enough to look past the opinion of a frail 92 year old man that had a son bumping up against Trump, and willing to take a look at the entirety of his servitude to understand that he was a special human being in very many aspects, right?

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Good man with I believe a genuinely good heart.

Poor politics in many areas.

May he rest in peace and may his friends and family be comforted.
                The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You are reasonable enough to look past the opinion of a frail 92 year old man that had a son bumping up against Trump, and willing to take a look at the entirety of his servitude to understand that he was a special human being in very many aspects, right?
                  If I may be permitted to initially answer a question with a question...

If a minister unfailingly serves his parish for 55 years and then on his final year treats his alter boys like Billy Bob treats the Golden Corral on Thanksgiving, will he be judged on his entire body of work or the bodies he worked on as he was retiring?

The short answer to your question is no, I am not reasonable enough.

***Signature advanced C0|db|00ded argument foundation formation begins now***

If I'm failing at any point in my discourse, it can only be where I am weighing the importance of the last election. If I am a conspiracy theorist loving right-wing nut job, and am overemphasizing the impact a Hillary Clinton presidency would have on America immediately following the Obama presidency, than I could be adjudicated unreasonable. But if there is agreement that Obama's attempt to "fundamentally change America" would have been solidified by Hillary Clinton, than I cannot be found unreasonable in my contempt for GHWB as he (and his advisers) would certainly be privy to the impact someone of his stature in the Republican community would have by voting for Hillary Clinton. I can guarantee you that his vote was not the only vote cast for Hillary on his behalf. He influenced thousands. He may have even been a cornerstone of the Never Trumpers.

So if we can agree that the last election would have been a monumental disaster had Hillary Clinton won, we should also be able to agree that my take on his final action is not unreasonable.

And in case you aren't aware, GHWB resigned from the NRA in 1995...

See: Rhino

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 1, 2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Bob Dole helped out of his wheelchair to salute George H.W. Bush

"On Saturday, he reflected on their relationship, telling CNN's Ana Cabrera that his passing was an end of an era, as Bush was the last World War II veteran to serve as president. Dole also served in the war.

"I believe there are certain qualities that veterans have, and when Bush was president, I think about three-fourths of Congress were veterans and we would stick together and work together across the aisle. And President Bush was a bipartisan president. So we got quite a lot done," Dole said."

Comment

Former President George HW Bush is lying in the Capitol. Former President Barack Obama also is lying, wherever he is.

Comment

What kind of security do you think they have today? Trump, Obama, Clinton and Carter all in row 1. W and family across the aisle. Strong.

Comment

Working...
                        X