No announcement yet.

Good Job Supremes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The list goes on. “Many eventually won the return of their property, often at great personal and financial cost,” writes legal expert Jason Snead. “Others, sadly, had to walk away penniless because of arbitrary filing deadlines or their own inability to afford a lawyer.”

Civil forfeiture has its place, but reform is long overdue (beyond the progress made by several states). Malcolm and Herman recommend, for example, barring law enforcement agencies from retaining the proceeds of their own seizures and guaranteeing indigent property owners an attorney.
    I will say though that the process for petitioning to have your funds returned should be seamless and very inexpensive. I like the part about having guaranteed representation. I think law enforcement agencies should be able to keep the "spoils" though as they were the ones to capture the assets.

If you are driving around with ten's of thousands of dollars of cash on you, you better have a good explanation why if you are driving around in the bad part of town. Expect to have a very suspicious eye cast your way, or even better, DO NOT answer ANY questions posed to you. Show your license and registration and then be on your way.

Right up front I’m going to say: It’s easier for a white nurse than a black motorist to say no to a cop. In a video released last weekend, Alex Wubbe

T

...:cool:

Comment

It’s not about the average police officer.
      Livin the dream

Comment

i have honest law enforcement officers as friends but am very critical of crooked cops and those who feel the laws aren’t written for them as well. it gets worse when the blue shield of bullshit tries to cover it up.. i brought up dallas first, now birmingham.

http://time.com/5469474/police-shoot...-mall-autopsy/

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
          i have honest law enforcement officers as friends but am very critical of crooked cops and those who feel the laws aren’t written for them as well. it gets worse when the blue shield of bullshit tries to cover it up.. i brought up dallas first, now birmingham.

http://time.com/5469474/police-shoot...-mall-autopsy/

from the article... isn’t conceal and carry of a legal firearm in this case supposed to “Protect”? He’s black...so he must have been the shooter...

“Bradford’s father said that his Army veteran sun had a permit to carry a gun, according to NBC News. Law enforcement officers suggested in a statement that Bradford, 21, should not have had his gun out.

“We can say with certainty Mr. Bradford brandished a gun during the seconds following the gunshots, which instantly heightened the sense of threat to approaching police officers responding to the chaotic scene,” Hoover police department and city officials said in a statement to NBC.”

isn’t this what any right-minded concceal carry owner would do?

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

from the article... isn’t conceal and carry of a legal firearm in this case supposed to “Protect”? He’s black...so he must have been the shooter...

“Bradford’s father said that his Army veteran sun had a permit to carry a gun, according to NBC News. Law enforcement officers suggested in a statement that Bradford, 21, should not have had his gun out.

“We can say with certainty Mr. Bradford brandished a gun during the seconds following the gunshots, which instantly heightened the sense of threat to approaching police officers responding to the chaotic scene,” Hoover police department and city officials said in a statement to NBC.”

isn’t this what any right-minded concceal carry owner would do?
            That's correct. When an officer comes to a shopping mall on a "shots fired" call and sees a black male walking around with a pistol... it ain't gonna end well. That's just the facts. If I'm a black man and I have a conceal carry permit (with an IQ over 75); if I'm the first responder to a shooting, I have the shooter on my mind and the cops a VERY near second. I have often thought about this scenario myself if ever carrying and defending, or coming to the aid of another. If I am not directly engaged in a fire fight, I'm laying my weapon down and putting my hands up. In fact, if I am in a fire fight and near cover I will take cover and lay my weapon down and put my hands up. There's no way for an officer to know the difference between the bad guy and the good guy unless you called 911 yourself and even then it's iffy in the dark.

This isn't racism, it's survival. Be smart. Stay alive.

T

...:cool:
            Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 4, 2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X