No announcement yet.

The Media Bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WarnerMedia Group organization profile: candidate recipients for the 2016 cycle and top recipients of all types for the 2016 cycle.

Not really in Time Warner's benefit to be impartial.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Walt Disney Co organization profile: candidate recipients for the 2016 cycle and top recipients of all types for the 2016 cycle.

Not in Disney's best interest to be impartial, either.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Comcast Corp organization profile: candidate recipients for the 2016 cycle and top recipients of all types for the 2016 cycle.

Comcast (NBC) actually broke a little to the right, but not much.

Comment

National Amusements Inc organization profile: candidate recipients for the 2016 cycle and top recipients of all types for the 2016 cycle.

CBS throws their money hard left.

Comment

No media bias here.....

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              Only Fox? What about MSNBC? Just wondering. Also, have you ever looked at what candidates Time Warner donates to?
              MSNBC is fair and balanced? What makes you think that the reporting is not driven by money? They have to pay for their salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock View Post
                MSNBC is fair and balanced? What makes you think that the reporting is not driven by money? They have to pay for their salaries.
                The reporting is driven by ideology. The news being dumbed down and sensationalized to almost being Jerry Springer like, is driven by ratings.

The news media isn't trying to manipulate a close election for the sake of ratings, if that were the case, what would the news media do for ratings the next three years? They are in the tank, totally for Hillary, it's their ideology; they sensationalize for ratings.

The mainstream media is incredibly biased, they should be embarrassed. Not just Fox, all of them. Fox is the only outlet not in the tank for Hillary. Look at where they all donate their money. It's ridiculous.

Comment

There is a potential for 1 1/2 to 2 billion dollars available to be spent just for the presidential election. If there is a blowout one way or the other no one has to spend much money. It is in the best interest of getting money to have a close election. It is always about the money. Fox was smart and identified a portion of the population that was not being "served" the right news that was wanted. They grew to be a major player. IF there was no money in that position they would not have done that regardless of their ideology. I suppose the same can be said for MSNBC, CNN etc. MSN seems to have a different audience than MSNBC yet they are related.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Who cares about the article? Watch the unedited video.
                    The headline hit me with a red flag. BTW, I see red flags on both sides of political issues.

Here's the headline:

“Shut it Down!”: Reuters Orders Cameraman to Kill Positive Trump Footage
                    If this were just reporting, the word "positive" would not be in that headline. The headline is worded in a manner to direct the readers thinking.

I hadn't watched the video, so I went back to see what was going on. The site has been updated with the following:

The Detroit Trump footage being circulated on Twitter and elsewhere was not filmed by Reuters. Reuters obtained the footage from third-party providers and the voices heard on the video are not Reuters staff or contractors.
                    Sound bites, phrases taken out of context, and reporting only the parts that fit a narrative are commonplace in mainstream and sidestream media. It's sage advice to consider the source. You are typically going to get one side of the story or one version of the story. With that in mind, it's possible to check multiple sources and come to a somewhat informed conclusion that may not agree with anything reported by any single media source.

It's way too easy to let someone else do your thinking for you.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock View Post
                      I for one do not buy into much of the media bias (other than with Fox News) and even them in many respects. The bias that is present is not so much political driven as it is money driven. The media wants a close election so that they can get more money to pay for their "reporting". A land slide one way or the other is not monetarily in their best interests.
                      \

Show me a "hard news" guy at MSNBC. The only one close is Brian Williams. They often even have "opinion" people like Chris Matthews, etc. handling their election coverage. There are several "hard news" guys at Fox like Chris Wallace, Megyn Kelly, Brett Baier, or Shepherd Smith that man their election coverage. You don't see a Hannity, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        It's way too easy to let someone else do your thinking for you.

It has nothing to do with that. A incorrect source was attributed and then redacted. Regardless, the source was biased whether it was Reuters or not.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

In all seriousness, I hope you guys don't rely on Alex Jones as a credible news source - whether through his website, radio show, or otherwise, the man is a hate machine and has a well-earned label as a fringe right conspiracy theorist

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            In all seriousness, I hope you guys don't rely on Alex Jones as a credible news source - whether through his website, radio show, or otherwise, the man is a hate machine and has a well-earned label as a fringe right conspiracy theorist
                            Whom are you referring to when you you say, "you guys?"

Comment

Posters on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Nobody does. He had the video.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X