The Media Bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seskridge
    Nobody I know likes or cares about kathy griffin and the vast majority of people I know are way more left than myself. Only dumb idiots would do what she did. Again, it was probably attention seeking so why give her the time of day.
    Evidently somebody like her because she wouldn't be on tour, attending Al Franken book signing, being a co-host on CNN new year show and having endorsement contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      Although I agree in principle with regulation (and therefore disagree somewhat with your statement regards regulation), here is a good example of why regulations need to be updated and reviewed:

I'm sitting at home watching the news (I am working from home for the next week until my layoff becomes effective) and I noted a story on the local news about AT&T switching customers to more expensive plans without their consent.

Not only that, AT&T's standard contract requires customers submit to binding arbitration, where AT&T gets to select the arbiter, to settle disputes.

Note AT&T is not the only company doing this, but they do (at least according to the news report) have the highest rate of complaints.

Seems to me like AT&T should not get to choose a biased kangaroo court to hear legitimate consumer complaints. Seems to me like contract provisions like this border on being unconscionable because they effectively remove legal remedies and actually encourage the company to implement business practices that most people with an ounce of ethics would believe are shady.

I think we can both agree, wufan, that when a governmental entity subjects you to a compliance review, it should be fair and balanced with qualified personnel AND the reasons for the review should be transparent. If the governmental entity has a concern with compliance, it should be communicated. Lord knows they can indict and convict you for tampering with official documents (since you are submitting them to agents of the state) or falsifying a government document.
      I'm okay with regulation. I feel that it's gone too far or that it isn't directed at the problems/concerns. It should be reduced or re-scoped. In instances where companies overcharge, we should ask why CAN they do that? Because the regulations stop competition from being able to react. Also, the gov contracts these companies and even mandates them to make them since the are a necessity. If you don't provide them, then they won't approve the actual money makers. Corporations are in cahoots with the gov on this. Additional regs pushes this relationship closer.

So rather than looking at ways to provide more drugs at reduced prices, the regulatory bodies shut down manufacture of non-essential drugs by claiming that a label that has 98% adhesive coverage is a danger to the patient.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Im guessing cnns new years eve thing doesnt get good viewership. Look the "left" has come out aga8nst it why are yoy trying to label it an all left thing. It's the same thing as the altright guy who kust killed someone and guess what he doesnt represent all of the right.
        There is a difference between a news network supporting someone crazy and a person acting in their own self-interest. A better analogy would be Trymp propping up people tied to the alt-right, though it still falls a little short.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Generalizing me as a left or liberal when you dont know me is ridiculous. Kathy griffin is doing this for attention she is an annoying little ****. Nobody on here was upset when trump supporters had hillarys head on a stick, hillary with an target on her etc. Things that insinuate violence against anyone is gross and horrible. You can't shame one and not shame the other.
          Are you not left or liberal? How would you categorize yourself?
          Livin the dream

Comment

Actually probably the middle of the road with some left leanings
            What are your middle views?
            Livin the dream

Comment

Why do i need to justify my views or even tell you my views. I think states should have more power than federal
              You don't have to tell me anything. This is a discussion forum where people come to discuss things. You have an opinion obviously. You were defensive when you felt someone labeled you a liberal, and then you went on to say that most of your friends were "more left than me". That implied you were left. If you live in a left wing world it's plausible that you might view yourself as moderate because you are in the middle of a left leaning group. That would be untrue. It's also plausible that you have slightly left friends and you are moderate. Either way, why wouldn't you want your philosophical leanings to be known? If they are backed by sound rationale then they will stand on their own merit, right, left, or otherwise. You can then make it more clear to others on a discussion forum why you believe what you do. Why wouldn't you want it known? Is there some benefit to hiding it? An agenda? It obviously bothered you for someone to assume you were left.

What rights should the state have that the federal government shouldn't? Why?
              Livin the dream

Comment

• This link has been posted a few times on Shockernet, but it will give you an idea of where you stand politically.

self-test of your position on 2 political dimensions

Comment

• Here's where I ended up.

Livin the dream

Comment

• As ideological consistency has become more common it is also increasingly aligned with partisanship. Looking at 10 political values questions tracked since 1994, more Democrats now give uniformly liberal responses, and more Republicans give uniformly conservative responses than at any point in the last 20 years.

This is pretty interesting as well. I came in as a business conservative.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Why do i need to justify my views or even tell you my views. I think states should have more power than federal
                      The problem with strong states' rights is that states may have a tendency to pursue lower and lower standards in order to attract businesses and people to their states. The states would likely have a tendency to compete against each other.

This is just an example - a little over the top, but it illustrates what could happen.

Kansas could provide incredible incentives for coal-fired power plants located within 10 miles of the Missouri border. The pollution from those plants would affect Missouri, not Kansas.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Or better yet, if you DO want to respond, be really obtuse, he's a little dull and it takes him awhile to figure out your point, but he does get it eventually.

Attached Files

Comment

• Here's a piece in today's New York Times which shows how Fox picked up 'fake' news and, without investigation or proper attribution, ran with it.

Comment

Here's a piece in today's New York Times which shows how Fox picked up 'fake' news and, without investigation or proper attribution, ran with it.
                            https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...anda.html?_r=0
                            "Picked it up" from the Sun, not manufactured it.

Comment

• Is CNN imploding?
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                Is CNN imploding?
                                Deplorable! We can only hope so. It would be the right thing.

They're a scary organization because they believe/d "by any means necessary," it appears...

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 27, 2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X