No announcement yet.

The Media Bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I the only guy that read Mad Magazine as a child? Nobody else checked out Spy vs. Spy?

Spies do what spies do.

They spy.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
        I don't know why I put forth the effort. Instead of responding to my point you simply reiterated your own. If we are playing the "respond with questions game" I have a one.

In response to you continuously blaming the Democrats:

What proof do we have that the Republicans were not compromised? As my point 2 before, a hacked GOP could be blackmailed even if we haven't seen leaks.

Answer: They were hacked.
        So the Republicans were hacked! And Russia chose not to release the data! Crazy stuff!

...........But they were only able to penetrate old, unused domains. They successfully hacked abandoned sites and gained zero useful email or data. Nothing.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          I think some on this board really believe Russian interference determined the election. HRC, while not a poster on this board, does. It has been the narrative.

I have good friends, both right and left, to a man, those on the left still complain about Russian interference. When I ask what the Russians did, they are quick to complain about hacking and posting fake news stories. When I ask about the actual content of the hacking and the fake news stories, they don't want to talk about it anymore. A week later, they complain again, and drop it again when asked about content. It's a never ending cycle.

That is some funny Shizzit right there! Lord have mercy, leave her mic on, please! :bball_spin:
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 23, 2017, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• I don't need any kind of fact check article to know Maxine Waters is as dumb as a box of rocks. No offense, rocks. Or box.

Comment

• No way...

Comment

• Here's an opinion article regards Fox news' Sean Hannity continuing to peddle conspiracy theories about the death of Seth Rich. Note the guy who wrote it is a conservative:
                The network I once respected as a necessary antidote to liberal media now peddles craven lies and Russian disinformation.

And an article from a liberal source:
                The right-wing prime-time star has incensed his co-workers by giving airtime to a fringe theory that Clinton apparatchiks had DNC staffer Seth Rich murdered.

So does this type of reporting also fall under the fake news meme'? I believe it does, as fake news exists on both sides.

Sean Hannity needs to do something more constructive with his time, IMO. In fact, I believe he has been getting pressure to drop the Seth Rich topic by his superiors at Fox News.

There are many valid angles Fox could use time and resources on. Hopefully, since Ailes and Shine are gone, they will get a little more like Bill Kristol or Gore Vidal and a little less like fake news.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                  Here's an opinion article regards Fox news' Sean Hannity continuing to peddle conspiracy theories about the death of Seth Rich. Note the guy who wrote it is a conservative:
                  The network I once respected as a necessary antidote to liberal media now peddles craven lies and Russian disinformation.
                  Didn't I say the Seth Rich stuff needs to go away? That said, Max Boot is a raving lunatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    So the Republicans were hacked! And Russia chose not to release the data! Crazy stuff!

...........But they were only able to penetrate old, unused domains. They successfully hacked abandoned sites and gained zero useful email or data. Nothing.
                    And here we have MoValley John admitting he is a Russian hacker! Or I should say, the Russia hacker, because only that hacker and God know exactly what information was hacked. Since MoValley John absolutely knows nothing damaging or incriminating was found, there is only one conclusion.

Jokes aside, the main reason the hacking scandal has legs is the Trump campaign's extraordinarily deep ties to Russia. The hacking itself isn't quite the issue, rather the issue is that the hacking part of a collective effort to further Russian's agenda in the United States including pushing a pro-Russia candidate and surrounding him with pro-Russia agents.

In other words, the issue isn't that the Russians may have changed the balance of the election. The issue is that either Trump himself or people in his inner circle might be compromised. That could mean they are literal Russian agents, working to further Putin's agenda. It could mean blackmail. It could mean financial ties (debt, Rosneft) that create conflicts of interest.

If this all comes out, my guess is the focus on the FBI investigation won't be on the hacking itself, but rather on identifying contact between the Trump campaign (and/or cabinet) and Russia. Particularly undisclosed contact and financial ties that would break ethical standards or laws, or contact with conspiracy to break the law.

Sound too Clancy for you? I present exhibit A, Paul Manafort.

Manafort:
                    Manafort is not the only person in Trump's inner circle connected to Russia, but he is by far the easiest to prove. The man has already, without any exaggeration, worked to establish a pro-Putin government in a foreign country.

And the Russians were no stranger to Trump Tower, even well before Trump ever thought to run for office. Even back in 2010, there are tweets and off-hand remarks like this one talking about the Russians in Trump Tower.

This is why Trump's complete denial and lack of cooperation into the hacking scandal is important. It isn't just that it helped get it elected, the concern is that Russia at the very least has people whispering in his ear, and may even have krompomat (compromising material) on the man himself. In addition to the rumored tape, there is also the high likelihood that Trump has significant debts to Russian banks.

Which is why my points earlier were about Russian influence on the US's agenda and policies, not just on the election. The lack of solid cybersecurity by the Democrats might have enabled the hack, but it won't influence US policy going forward, but if either Trump or people on his inner circle are compromised we have a legitimate crisis.

Comment

• Since this is about media bias, here's a small example of what I think is so prevalent.

Headline news with what I would reasonably say is moderate/left Robin Mead...."President Trump is being criticized......"

I've heard her start 3 stories with that line in the last week. Is he being criticized? Of course he is. If he goes to the bathroom someone is going to criticize him. But there's no substantive review of whom is doing the criticizing. They act, and report, as if it's a vast majority of humans, when in fact it's usually just the left, and in many cases, the fringe left. It's not news. Every President for the last 50 years could have 90% of their stories start with "the President is being criticized". It's not news. It's an agenda.

Comment

• China

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                          And here we have MoValley John admitting he is a Russian hacker! Or I should say, the Russia hacker, because only that hacker and God know exactly what information was hacked. Since MoValley John absolutely knows nothing damaging or incriminating was found, there is only one conclusion.

Jokes aside, the main reason the hacking scandal has legs is the Trump campaign's extraordinarily deep ties to Russia. The hacking itself isn't quite the issue, rather the issue is that the hacking part of a collective effort to further Russian's agenda in the United States including pushing a pro-Russia candidate and surrounding him with pro-Russia agents.

In other words, the issue isn't that the Russians may have changed the balance of the election. The issue is that either Trump himself or people in his inner circle might be compromised. That could mean they are literal Russian agents, working to further Putin's agenda. It could mean blackmail. It could mean financial ties (debt, Rosneft) that create conflicts of interest.

If this all comes out, my guess is the focus on the FBI investigation won't be on the hacking itself, but rather on identifying contact between the Trump campaign (and/or cabinet) and Russia. Particularly undisclosed contact and financial ties that would break ethical standards or laws, or contact with conspiracy to break the law.

Sound too Clancy for you? I present exhibit A, Paul Manafort.

Manafort:
                          Manafort is not the only person in Trump's inner circle connected to Russia, but he is by far the easiest to prove. The man has already, without any exaggeration, worked to establish a pro-Putin government in a foreign country.

And the Russians were no stranger to Trump Tower, even well before Trump ever thought to run for office. Even back in 2010, there are tweets and off-hand remarks like this one talking about the Russians in Trump Tower.

This is why Trump's complete denial and lack of cooperation into the hacking scandal is important. It isn't just that it helped get it elected, the concern is that Russia at the very least has people whispering in his ear, and may even have krompomat (compromising material) on the man himself. In addition to the rumored tape, there is also the high likelihood that Trump has significant debts to Russian banks.

Which is why my points earlier were about Russian influence on the US's agenda and policies, not just on the election. The lack of solid cybersecurity by the Democrats might have enabled the hack, but it won't influence US policy going forward, but if either Trump or people on his inner circle are compromised we have a legitimate crisis.
                          Geeze you're angry! Sorry. You are using a lot of mights and what ifs. No proif. Even your link that showed the Russians hacked the Republicans, indicated that they gained nothing beneficial from the RNC, they penetrated abandoned emails and servers.

That said, I'll make this really easy for you. I will use an analogy my kids could understand.

My kid leaves his bike outside on the sidewalk overnight. It gets stolen. I'm mad. I'm upset that some worthless thief took my kids bike, but there really isn't anything I can do about it. Sure, I have the serial number and I called police and filled out a report. If something comes of it, great, but the odds are slim.

My anger is mildly directed at the thieves, but I know that thieves are out there, I know what thieves will do. Thieves will be thieves. I'm really angry at my kid. He knew better. I told him over and over again not to leave his bike out. But he did. More than once. My kid made it easy for the thief.

My kid wants me to forget that he left his bike out and instead, focus my anger on the thief. Not gonna happen.

Sure, we should be upset if the Russians hacked, but shouldn't we be more angry at John Podesta and the DNC? They knew better. Over and over, they were instructed about internet security. And just like a kid that leaves his bicycle outside to easily be stolen by a thief, Podesta and the DNC left their computers open to any hacker.

Your anger should be directed at those that left the door wide open. Russians will be Russians. Thieves will be thieves. Podesta and the DNC were reckless and loose with basic internet security. If I were you, I'd direct my anger there.
                          Last edited by MoValley John; May 24, 2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Control the controllables.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Control the controllables.
                              Crazy concept.

Comment

• I do not buy from Toshiba. Ever.

Not a television, stereo, phone, gadget, nothing. I never will.

When I graduated high school, I spent a semester at college before deciding to take some time off. I joined the Navy and became a sonar technician. I served two years active and six reserve. During my reserve time, Toshiba and Japan sold machinery that helped quiet Russian subs. This was a huge risk. Breech of trust and security compromise. Yes, this was classified and sensitive technology. It was huge! I wasn't upset with the USSR, it's what they do. They were the evil empire and I expected them to try anything. To this day, I'm mad at Toshiba. Democrats should be mad at Podesta.

Comment

Working...
                                X