It's the Tea Party that wants to destroy America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the Tea Party that wants to destroy America

The spending cuts will shrink growth and raise the likelihood of pushing the country back into recession.
    It is mind-boggling to me that seemingly intelligent people think that our economy can just grow, grow, grow without any real contraction. They completely ignore the effects of inflation, which I guess don't really affect the ones they think they are protecting, since their welfare benefits tend to keep pace and they don't save squat.

Spend, spend and spend some more! Tax those evil rich and small business owners! We don't really need jobs, just more entitlement spending!

For now, the Tea Party Republicans can put aside their suicide vests. But rest assured: They’ll have them on again soon enough. After all, they’ve gotten so much encouragement.
    Give me a break. Progressives spend a century trying to destroy what made America great. A faction of conservatives work to begin reversing that and suddenly they are suicide bombers.

Pathetic.

Coming from the New York Times, I'm not the least bit surprised by those comments.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

As each day passes, I find it more and more befuddling that so called "intelligent" people can argue the economics of this.

If you are part of the "the rich don't need it and we need to take what they don't need and give to others" group, fine, make that argument.

I'll disagree, but at least make the argument. Don't try and convince me that the government taking it and spending it (and wasting 50% in the transition) somehow pumps up the economy....ESPECIALLY when we are, in fact, borrowing 50% of what we spend.

Comment

The "running full steam toward a cliff" metaphor comes to mind. But we are well beyond that. We already reached the cliff and are borrowing materials to build a bridge to the other side.

The only problem is, there is no other side.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          As each day passes, I find it more and more befuddling that so called "intelligent" people can argue the economics of this.

If you are part of the "the rich don't need it and we need to take what they don't need and give to others" group, fine, make that argument.

I'll disagree, but at least make the argument. Don't try and convince me that the government taking it and spending it (and wasting 50% in the transition) somehow pumps up the economy....ESPECIALLY when we are, in fact, borrowing 50% of what we spend.
          I have read 40%, but whatever, it is too much. This is just the thing that gripes me no end with all politicians. Probably the Republicans more than the Dems. At least the Dems want to tax, tax tax to pay for their spending. Congress passes a budget every year. It is their responsibility to pay for it. If it is not needed then don't pass it. If it is worthwhile then pay for it. Don't keep borrowing from the future and spending.

Comment

Working...
          X