Primary Challenger for Obama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary Challenger for Obama?

I doubt it actually happens but I think it'd be good if it did. The funny thing is though, this guy thinks Obama has gone too far to the right. From my view, he's way too far to the left and not really budging. Vermont Senator Wants Obama to Face Primary Challenger
    But Sanders, an Independent, said Friday that the president is not living up to his campaign commitments on issues like Social Security -- reflecting a concern among some Democrats that Obama is willing to negotiate away changes to entitlements to appease Republicans.

Sanders said his "suggestion" is that Obama face a Democratic challenger in 2012.

"I think one of the reasons the president has been able to move so far to the right is that there is no primary opposition to him and I think it would do this country a good deal of service if people started thinking about candidates out there to begin contrasting what is a progressive agenda as opposed to what Obama is doing," Sanders said on radio host Thom Hartmann's show.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

As much as it pains me to say this - Hillary. In fact I might vote for her before some of the Republican nominees.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
      As much as it pains me to say this - Hillary. In fact I might vote for her before some of the Republican nominees.
      Why? Not that a primary challenge will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
        Originally posted by SB Shock
        Why? Not that a primary challenge will happen.
        Take Romney - I will not vote for him. I don't think he is a leader. He disappeared instead of trying to lead after Obama was elected. I think he is a wolf in sheeps clothing much like Obama. He is now remerging as opportunist.

Comment

Working...
        X