Trey Gowdy Retirement from Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Gowdy Retirement from Congress

I thought Trey Gowdy on Face the Nation were very interesting about his retirement and the working of Congress.

'My wife hates it when I say this, but I was a pretty good prosecutor, I think. But I've been a pretty lousy politician,' Gowdy said Sunday on Face the Nation.

Gowdy indicated he didn't have the appetite for the hyper-partisanship that exists on Capitol Hill these days.

'I just, I see multiple sides of a single issue,' Gowdy explained.

Gowdy, a former U.S. attorney, said he plans to go back into the justice system upon retirement from Congress.
    He then talked about the win at all cost mentality
    The Republican pointed out that he has many friends across the aisle.

'And the fact that someone disagrees with me, does not make me challenge their love of the country. It doesn't make me believe that they're corrupt ... I don't think the end justifies the means.'

'I think the manner in which we get places matters, and in politics too often winning is the only thing that matters,' Gowdy continued. 'And look, every hero I have has lost. Every one of the them. So losing is not the worst thing in the world.'

'Not knowing what you believe and not caring enough about it to fight for it – that's the worst thing in the world,' he added.
    CBS' Margaret Brennan followed that up by asking the South Carolina Republican if he believed he had served justice during his time in the House.

'Not like I did in my previous job,' said Gowdy. 'I tried.'

'There's a reason we throw out search warrants even though we find the murder weapon. There's a reason we throw out confessions even though we think the person did it. The process matter,' Gowdy explained. 'And in politics, it's just about winning. And I can't, I don't want to live like that.'

Smart guy, he figured out they are all scum, democrats and republicans, only out to enrich themselves, their families and the big donors that support them.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I'm voting Whig next election

Comment

I'm voting whiskey.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think Trey Gowdy wouild make a very good U.S. Attorney General.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 21, 2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X