Need a new gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new gun

i want to buy an AR-15. Need to know what brands and what to look for.
    Livin the dream

MoValley John is your guy! Where ya been John?

I will post details of one option when I get back in town.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

It all depends on how much you want to spend. Go to a place like cancelled and just look at them. They have many different makes and models. Get one that does what you want and that fits you. I personally like my bushmaster, but DPMS makes a good one as well as just about anyone else. Buying one of these is just like buying a car. Shop around.

Comment

I just bought a Springfield Saint Pistol, an AR with a 7-1/2" barrel, .556x45mm NATO

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/fir...l-full-review/

I have an older Bushmaster, 2001, I am far from an expert but people that know that are experts say the newer Bushmasters are not as good a weapon.

Both are fun to shoot and make a ton of noise.
          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I’m a little late to the party here. Need to know things like budget and the type of shooting you’ll be doing.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Want to be under $1000. Will probably take it out once a year mostly range shooting. Simplicity of maintenance and quality build would be key.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• shock
                shock commented
                Editing a comment

Just my $.02, but if I were going to go buy one off the shelf and not build it, this is what I would go after. Are you in the Wichita area?

• shockfan89_
                shockfan89_ commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with shock. That's a good gun, you should probably be able to get it for $50 - $75 cheaper than the link posted if you shop around (across the street at Academy). With that being said, all prices could have increased this past week and I imagine they will continue to rise. Make an informed decision, but sooner rather than later is probably best in this anti-constitution country we seem to be living in these days. :)

I prefer the AAC .300 to the 5.56

Comment

Purchased a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle this weekend instead of an AR-15. From a utility standpoint they are nearly equivalent (gas powered semi-automatic .223/5.56 NATO caliber), but this is wood and steel without a pistol grip (less scary looking :biggrin-new:).

The reason I went with this carbine is because it has a little more “class”, and quite frankly, there are so many variants of the AR that I was a bit overwhelmed.
                Livin the dream

Comment

We used M-14 in competition but had to qualify yearly with the M-16 . Go figure

Comment

I finally got my Mini-14 yesterday! After a week long shipping delay, I went to fill out my form and pick up my rifle only to find out that I had been wait listed. According to the FBI 1 in 9 buyers trip an algorithm that causes a 3 business day no sell clause while the buyer is reviewed. I asked the sales clerk about it, and he stated that it was closer to 1 in 5 recently. Anyways, I was finally able to get back to the store after 6 business days had passed, and I guess I met all the criteria.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

If anybody has yet to join the AR15 club and own one of THE MOST DANGEROUS AND SCARRRY ASSAULTT WEAPONS KNOWN TO MANKIND (and maybe the universe)... here's a thrifty opportunity.

$449.99 + Palmetto's unlimited lifetime warranty. I've bought from these guys numerous times. They are CB approved.

I have a PSA AR along with Colt and Sig variations.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
                      X