Aww Yea.....Cabelas coming to Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    I'd wager that Cabela's fully expects to run the Wichita Gander Mtn store out of business. And I don't see any way Cabela's doesn't succeed.

I suspect that Cabela's sat back and watched the performance of Gander Mtn in Wichita. Once it proved viable Cabela's began serious plans for a Wichita store. Basically, Cabela's let Gander Mtn do a good chunk of its market research, assuming I'm correct. I hate companies that do business like that, but it is what it is.

In Hutch we've had scenarios like this where Home Depot came in first, then Lowe's sweeps in. Same with Autozone and O'Reillys. In situations like that I will usually patronize the first store to locate in an area. Most big chain stores are predatory (running out locally owned businesses), but I really dislike the ones who just go where their competitors have already located.

All that said, I'm sure I'll drop by Cabela's and check out their store. I'm not much of an outdoorsman but they do have some decent casual clothing that isn't "outdoors".
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Competition is good and I really hope ICT can support both stores. I am all for revitalizing the downtown area and would like to see the Water Walk project succeed. Gosh knows ICT is behind the times and needs to be more progressive. I would hate to see a large downtown tenant go down the tubes. If it does, who could possibly come in and fill that square footage down there?

Comment

Could turn Gander mountain into a grocery store.

Going to be interesting to see what happens to that area if Gander mountain closes plus BG products is moving to El Dorado. They plan on demolishing their buildings.

Comment

If Gander Mountain did close up shop, would that be a good building, or at least location, for a Walmart Neighborhood Market?
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
            If Gander Mountain did close up shop, would that be a good building, or at least location, for a Walmart Neighborhood Market?
            What about a Whole Foods Market?

Comment

Aldi's ???

Trader Joes ???

Comment

Whole Foods or Trader Joes would be great.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                X