Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww Yea.....Cabelas coming to Wichita

:yahoo:

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

The place where 75% of the parking lot is pickups & nearly all of the customers have billy bob teeth ? :D

Comment

Its a great store! Great quality clothes, camping , hunting and fishing supplies. You love it at X- mas
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Isn't this Gander Mtn with a bigger name? Is Gander still open? These two and Bass Pro are stores I've heard people talk about that I'll hopefully never step in. I get that they have their target and I'm definitely not it. Hopefully they have more success than Gander. I hate to see businesses fail in Wichita
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Isn't this Gander Mtn with a bigger name? Is Gander still open? These two and Bass Pro are stores I've heard people talk about that I'll hopefully never step in. I get that they have their target and I'm definitely not it. Hopefully they have more success than Gander. I hate to see businesses fail in Wichita
          Cabela's won't fail. Gander? Maybe.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

The article said that the Wichita Gander Mountain has been one of their more successful stores.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
              The article said that the Wichita Gander Mountain has been one of their more successful stores.
              Gander ran sportsmans warehouse out.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

It has? Everyone I've talked to has made it sound like it really struggled. Being as some of those people are the hunting/camping type I figured they knew what they were talking about. I do know the few times I've been in that area the place looked practically abandoned. Must have caught them at a bad time.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by shock
                  I have no idea what that is and have never heard of it. Were they pretty successful before Gander?
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by shock
                    I have no idea what that is and have never heard of it. Were they pretty successful before Gander?
                    It was in between the East Lowes and Walmart on Kellogg. Sportsmans Warehouse came in and tried to compete with Gander but wasn't successful.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Cabelas is a much bigger name than Sportsman Warehouse.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I'd wager that Cabela's fully expects to run the Wichita Gander Mtn store out of business. And I don't see any way Cabela's doesn't succeed.

I suspect that Cabela's sat back and watched the performance of Gander Mtn in Wichita. Once it proved viable Cabela's began serious plans for a Wichita store. Basically, Cabela's let Gander Mtn do a good chunk of its market research, assuming I'm correct. I hate companies that do business like that, but it is what it is.

In Hutch we've had scenarios like this where Home Depot came in first, then Lowe's sweeps in. Same with Autozone and O'Reillys. In situations like that I will usually patronize the first store to locate in an area. Most big chain stores are predatory (running out locally owned businesses), but I really dislike the ones who just go where their competitors have already located.

All that said, I'm sure I'll drop by Cabela's and check out their store. I'm not much of an outdoorsman but they do have some decent casual clothing that isn't "outdoors".

Comment

I'm sure the Gander Mountain CEO has placed a call to our City leaders over this news....hence the comments from the Mayor about the viability of Gander Mountain...and how about the comments from City Council members suggesting downtown would be a better location basically throwing Gander under the bus.

Just a real eye opener all the way around.

Comment

“I am a person who believes downtown is your center,” she says.

Still, Regency Lakes is in her district, and she’s thrilled Cabela’s is going there.

“Cabela’s is a fabulous attraction,” Schlapp says. “It’s a wonderful thing.”

She doesn’t quibble with the chain’s selection of northeast Wichita over downtown.

“If they feel that that’s a better place for them . . . who am I to tell them something different?”
                            I love politicians. Such a balance between being politically correct and not biting the hand that feeds you.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

They better not get a nickel of our tax money. They had their chance & passed it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X