Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 AFC West Champions: Kansas City Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 AFC West Champions: Kansas City Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

screw all the haters, because we did it, even if we lose in the 1st round of the playoffs im proud to be a Chiefs fan. They made me proud!!! And the future is very bright!!!!
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

I thought you might enjoy this thread NS :good:

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan963
      http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

I thought you might enjoy this thread NS :good:
      Awesome, even my supposed homer projection was out lasted :yahoo:

Comment

I must admit i predicted 8 at best, but who knew our rookie players and coaches would be this good this quick!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I would have lost a lot of money betting on the Chefs not winning the division but they came together and did what they had to do.

Congrats to all the KC fans. A home playoff game will be a sight to see in a couple of weeks.

If Norv Turner has a job at the end of the week, the San Diego ownership should have their collective heads examined. Rarely has a coach done so little with so much. They should be ashamed if for no other reason than finishing behind an inexperienced Kansas City team. A truly awful coaching job.

Comment

I'll admit I was completely wrong about this team, I wasn't expecting much improvement from last year. With that said, I'm still not entirely sure we're still trending up and I think this team will remain anywhere from a 6-10 to a 10-6 team in the coming years. I see this as more of a team that's going to be on the playoff bubble every year rather than a team that is going to get first round byes and homefield advantage.

We are benefiting from a very week division. I think we're going to see the Chiefs and Raiders dominate the division the next couple of years, which should consistently put us in playoff contention.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
              I'll admit I was completely wrong about this team, I wasn't expecting much improvement from last year. With that said, I'm still not entirely sure we're still trending up and I think this team will remain anywhere from a 6-10 to a 10-6 team in the coming years. I see this as more of a team that's going to be on the playoff bubble every year rather than a team that is going to get first round byes and homefield advantage.

We are benefiting from a very week division. I think we're going to see the Chiefs and Raiders dominate the division the next couple of years, which should consistently put us in playoff contention.
              This team has improved a lot during the season. I can see us as a bubble team as well, but most teams fit into this category anyway. This team should get anywhere from 7-11 wins in the next few years, barring any injuries or setbacks.

I wouldn't say we are not benefiting that much from a weak division. 10 (possibly 11) wins is impressive and should get at least a wild card in an average year. This year wasn't an average year in the NFL.

Comment

Plus they benefited this year from playing a schedule of weak teams (both inside and outside of the division). Next year probably won't be so kind.

Comment

Yes but, this team is very young and will improve, yea they had a generous schedule but they last couple year they would have been lucky to win 5 games with the schedule they had this year.

Comment

Just ordered my playoff tickets a couple hours ago...hopefully they can do something they haven't done in a long time and win a playoff game!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
                      Plus they benefited this year from playing a schedule of weak teams (both inside and outside of the division). Next year probably won't be so kind.
                      KC has nothing to apologize for SOS, in fact it was not all that weak. KC SOS going into the season was middle of the pack. Packers and Steelers had very similiar SOS.

BTW, SD had one of the weakest SOS of all the NFL teams going into the season. Only the Rams and Cardinals are worse (seattle was tied with SD) and either Rams or Seattle will be a playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                        Just ordered my playoff tickets a couple hours ago...hopefully they can do something they haven't done in a long time and win a playoff game!
                        yup me too, my regular season tickets section 304 row 5, cant wait!!!

Comment

I think this team will remain anywhere from a 6-10 to a 10-6 team in the coming years.

That's almost every team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                            I think this team will remain anywhere from a 6-10 to a 10-6 team in the coming years.

Yes, but I think our goal should be 12-4 and getting first round byes. We went 13-3 seven years ago, and I can't see this team doing that anytime soon, this team just isn't built like that.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53

Yes, but I think our goal should be 12-4 and getting first round byes. We went 13-3 seven years ago, and I can't see this team doing that anytime soon, this team just isn't built like that.
                              But that's acting like we are done building this team and will be coasting. Haley and Pioli have both been clear that the top to bottom talent level on this team is not yet where they want it to be and that they will continue to build through the draft and free agency.

The fact that the Chiefs have won this much before they have finished retooling the roster is not a sign that they have peaked, but that this coaching staff can do a lot even before all the talent is in place.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X