Cam Newton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Newton

Is easily my favorite college football player in the past 6 years. I just hope the rumors are exactly what they are, rumors.

He better win the Heisman.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

im sorry but you dont have someone asking for 200k on your behalf and not know about it. just my opinion though

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
      im sorry but you dont have someone asking for 200k on your behalf and not know about it. just my opinion though
      I'm certainly not saying he's innocent, but let me lay out a couple of scenarios for you.

1) A rep approached Cam Newton asking to represent him. Newton, knowing this is illegal, turns him down. The rep takes this personally and makes up the story to take Newton down.

2) Same rep creates a relationship with Newton and is within the legal rules of the NCAA. This rep is under the impression, however, that Newton wants him to make him money off of his recruiting. He therefore starts courting schools, while Newton remains under the impression that the guy is acting in a different capacity. Since Newton is unaware of what the rep is doing, he goes about his college choice like normal, choosing a different school than the one the rep was trying to get money from, and only learns later of what the rep did.

These reps are often really aggressive and I could see them acting of their own accord while thinking there is some tacit agreement with the family, but which the family never was aware of.

That being said, he may be guilty as sin.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

sounds more and more like they took some money or at least were asking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
          sounds more and more like they took some money or at least were asking for it.
          Unfortunately thats the way it is starting to look.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
          X