World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series

SF just scored 3 , odds are SF will win 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Texas 1 run homer, 3 to 1 7th inning
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

3 outs left for Texas

Comment

Giants Win 3 to 1

Comment

Lowest watched World Series ever ?

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
            Lowest watched World Series ever ?
            Most likely, you can't compete with monday night football. Football has replaced baseball as America's favorite sport to watch.

Comment

Yea, no one cared about this years WS.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

sad two great pitchers tonight

Comment

I don't like the World Series going into November. Thankfully, this will be the last year of that.

Congrats to SF. Not necessarily an exciting series, but a definite showcase of great pitching.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
                    yankees fan?

As a fan of all baseball teams not named the yankees, I did care about the WS this year. It was a classic match-up of great pitching vs. great hitting. SF won because their pitchers pitched, Texas lost because their hitters did not hit.

As the saying goes...great pitching beats great hitting every time.
                    That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
                      yankees fan?

As a fan of all baseball teams not named the yankees, I did care about the WS this year. It was a classic match-up of great pitching vs. great hitting. SF won because their pitchers pitched, Texas lost because their hitters did not hit.

As the saying goes...great pitching beats great hitting every time.
                      :good:

I didn't even mind that the Giants (sans Barry) won.

Comment

The team with 90 million won which is sad. Just think if Royals had that much to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
                          The team with 90 million won which is sad. Just think if Royals had that much to play with.
                          would it really matter if they are giving most of it to guys like Jose guillen?

With that said this was a good world series. Everynight had really good pitching on display.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
                            yankees fan?
                            Correct, my dad lived in New York in his Mid 20's so I grew up watching the Yankees. He then moved to Los Angeles as a Rocket Engineer working on Titan II Ballistic Missiles during the Kareem days and the early days of Magic back when they played at the Forum. So I am a Lakers/Kobe fan as well.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
                              yankees fan?
                              Correct, my dad lived in New York in his Mid 20's so I grew up watching the Yankees. He then moved to Los Angeles as a Rocket Engineer working on Titan II Ballistic Missiles during the Kareem days and the early days of Magic back when they played at the Forum. So I am a Lakers/Kobe fan as well.
                              How convenient that you picked the two best teams from those cities. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X